Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Function not available

DCC

Reaction score
Riding around yesterday, I kept getting "Function not available while vehicle is in motion" message. Message kept popping up randomly while I was driving. Wasn't interacting with uconnect or my phone in any way. Anyone else seen this behavior?

WYnott

Reaction score
Yes!

It's annoying as heck

I tried everything, everything! Finally back to the dealer and their solution was to reset everything to factory default.
I had only had it a week so not a big deal to re personalize the screens

Now, every single week I get that error that will Not Go Away... is it a really big deal? Not really but a brand new 50k$ with 850 miles on it Should be working correctly.

For me the most annoying part is I traded my 2020 Laramie 1500 hemi super loaded soccer mom truck in Because no one could fix the electrical glitches on it, so I went stripped down HD and here I am with more screen errors.

Which is why I'm on here searching for solutions.
Occasionally I get a SAT antenna error, so I'll have them check those connections next and see if that makes any difference and let you know. 20220304_104912.jpg

JimKIII

Reaction score
Yes!

It's annoying as heck

I tried everything, everything! Finally back to the dealer and their solution was to reset everything to factory default.
I had only had it a week so not a big deal to re personalize the screens

Now, every single week I get that error that will Not Go Away... is it a really big deal? Not really but a brand new 50k$ with 850 miles on it Should be working correctly.

For me the most annoying part is I traded my 2020 Laramie 1500 hemi super loaded soccer mom truck in Because no one could fix the electrical glitches on it, so I went stripped down HD and here I am with more screen errors.

Which is why I'm on here searching for solutions.
Occasionally I get a SAT antenna error, so I'll have them check those connections next and see if that makes any difference and let you know. View attachment 33370
We all feel your frustration and angst about the crappy software glitches in these new rigs. I ordered mine with the minimum of technology, 8.4 with no NAV, no SiriusXM, never pair my phones to UConnect, don't care about GPS and all that crap. But it is still laden with CPUs and software and, it seems, extremely poor software QA and testing before sending out versions as supposed 'production' releases. Thank God the UConnect developers don't have anything to do with the code that controls the engine or transmission.

DCC

Reaction score
When I got that message, I had created and assigned a Profile to myself. Once I reset and just paired my phone without using Profile, I have not gotten the message.

So, wondering if you guys had a Profile created when you got that Function message.

Wyatt

Reaction score
Brand new 2022 today 2500 big horn. Drive it off the lot today. Every time I take off from a stoplight or stop sign I get this dang message. Super irritating.
So did anyone every find a consistent work around?

DCC

Reaction score
Find out if you have the RRT 22-054 22MY DT (RRT 1) radio update applied. I noticed that not only did my Sat Antenna Error go away, but so did the Function Not Available message.

Trimblekl

Reaction score
picked up new 2022 2500 diesel on 12-28-22 I'm getting same message less than 1000 miles as well did anyone ever find a fix?

cardplayer

Reaction score
Had the same problem in my 2021 Grand Cherokee. Then I realized I was accidently pressing the Memory switch on the drivers door with my left knee while driving.

Users who are viewing this thread