Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fuel prices

CharlieL

Reaction score
Diesel prices in Albuquerque right now range between a low of $3.05 to high of $3.94. Lowest is at a station I’d think has very little diesel business & not sure about quality there, highest is at Lowe’s truck stop. Majority of stations are at $3.49.

gimmie11s

Reaction score
As much as you would like that increase associated with one president, it actually a very global phenomenon. It is record prices in about every single country right now.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand the link between gas prices and organic (at home) production when you are a net exporter and when you are not.

Cancel pipeline projects, suspend fracking and drilling permits, then wonder why prices increase because demand surges as supply wanes. Yeah...

This RS article gives you some clues as to what is really going on. If we're being honest, the Democrat party is thrilled about $5/gal gas in the USA. Absolutely thrilled.

I just paid $5/gallon for diesel last week. This time last year we were paying about $3.15-3.20 in SoCal.

Maybe we can beg OPEC to ramp up production? /Sarcasm.

MikeXM

Reaction score
It doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand the link between gas prices and organic (at home) production when you are a net exporter and when you are not.

Cancel pipeline projects, suspend fracking and drilling permits, then wonder why prices increase because demand surges as supply wanes. Yeah...

This RS article gives you some clues as to what is really going on. If we're being honest, the Democrat party is thrilled about $5/gal gas in the USA. Absolutely thrilled.

I just paid $5/gallon for diesel last week. This time last year we were paying about $3.15-3.20 in SoCal.

Maybe we can beg OPEC to ramp up production? /Sarcasm.

I agree with you absolutely IN THE LONG TERM. Yes, those recent decisions are going to hurt in the long term. Today's prices are the consequences of much older decisions. But right now, prices are just a worldwide phenomenon. Pipeline XL or not.
That is just my point.

Basically, current prices are market + local tax adjustments. You may or may not have had local taxes increases, but the pump price is doubled mostly because of the world market.

In 5-10 years, that missing pipeline is gonna hurt for sure.

SL1

Reaction score
No-one is interested in electric cars and trucks when fuel is cheap! The whole purpose of expensive fuel is to make alternative energy viable.

CharlieL

Reaction score
Fundamental economic principle..... Stable demand + decreased supply = increased price.

Surf2snow1

Reaction score
Well the brave and honorable souls in Washington have heard your pleas:

2001WS6

Reaction score
I was in Grayson KY this weekend and paid $3.35 for diesel. Most stations heading back to CT were around $4.15 - $4.25.

whitexc

Reaction score
$3.14 at Delta Sonic (chain wash joint that has a gas card too) in Niagara Falls NY today.

Sent from my semi-smart telephonic device

Users who are viewing this thread