Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fuel neck

Wayniac85

Reaction score
Guys,

This just dawned on me this evening.

I always use a diesel pump with the smaller nozzle end on it, because I know that is the typical size.

Will the bigger nozzles (like they use on big rigs) go down in our fuel necks and not get stuck?? I just happened to think about it this evening, haven't got a chance to try it yet.

Thx!

D

Deleted member 80

I have not used a truck pump yet with this truck, but TFL did a test with a 2019 dually pulling a 50' trailer, and they filled up at the big-truck pump. Didn't seem to be any problem.

Last edited by a moderator:

Daybreak

Reaction score
Howdy,

Where I fill up, both types are right there. I have only used the reg size nozzle so far.

? 2019 diesel fill covers (caps). Does anyone know if the 2019 diesel fill is the same as prior years? The 2018 and older seems to have a smooth bore, while the 2019 has some ribbing.

Looking at getting a diesel plug cap thingy... Which green aluminum cap works with the 2019?

Zrojas

Reaction score
Yeah. I have only used the larger nozzle so far, I haven't been anywhere that has a "normal" size nozzle.

D

Deleted member 80

Howdy,

Where I fill up, both types are right there. I have only used the reg size nozzle so far.

? 2019 diesel fill covers (caps). Does anyone know if the 2019 diesel fill is the same as prior years? The 2018 and older seems to have a smooth bore, while the 2019 has some ribbing.

Looking at getting a diesel plug cap thingy... Which green aluminum cap works with the 2019?

I bought the cap fron Geno's Garage, it fits super tight, to remove it I get it started with my pocket knife. I have been meaning to let them know, but haven't. A thinner o-ring would probably do it.

Don-T

Reaction score
The big nozzles fit fine, I have used them many times. I am waiting for Geno’s to come out with their locking cap for the ‘19s.

Users who are viewing this thread