Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fuel Filter life monitor - 2021, 2500

Nick

Reaction score
I owned commercial trucks for 35 years and always carried fuel filters and the tool to change them . I had to change them a couple of time that may not sound like much but when you are sitting in the middle of nowhere it is very much ! I don't see a problem carrying them . They take up very little space on a trip and are worth their weight in gold if you need them . Same with a Serpentine belt . Companies usually don't supply their drivers with spares because most wouldn't know how to change them .

BAT3500

Reaction score
Not all fuel is filtered at the pump, some states does not require it and in other cases some station owners neglect to change the filters anyway. So there is that.
Also, in today's continuing shortages, you can no longer depend on finding a set of filters when needed at most stores.

For both reasons, on trips at least i bring a fuel filter set and tools with me. At the house i try to keep one change of oil and fuel filters and 3 gallons of oil in stock.

elephantrider

Hydraulic Lifter Crew
Reaction score
I carry a spare set of filters. seems easy insurance.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Not all fuel is filtered at the pump, some states does not require it and in other cases some station owners neglect to change the filters anyway. So there is that.
Also, in today's continuing shortages, you can no longer depend on finding a set of filters when needed at most stores.

For both reasons, on trips at least i bring a fuel filter set and tools with me. At the house i try to keep one change of oil and fuel filters and 3 gallons of oil in stock.

Preppers motto. Two is one and one is none.

Carry spares or a AAA card. I tried calling Mopar roadside once and couldn't get them on the phone or app.

Users who are viewing this thread