Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fuel Additive

Cummins4ever

Reaction score
Should i be adding some fuel additive with lubricity for the cp4.2 pumps? i know there is alot of hype about the past issues with the cp4 and dont want to get into that at all.......just curious if it may help and if so whats the best. Ive always ran power service for cold weather but not with the intent of added lube.

D

Deleted member 80

I will be using Stanadyne. People swear by PS, and now Cummins endorsed it, but I was told by a diesel performance shop that it contains alocohol in some form, which is not a good thing. I am not a chemist, and don't claim to be, but I ran Stanadyne before.

Don-T

Reaction score
I am using Power Service in my truck. I doubt we will have trouble with the CP4 but I don’t think the lubricity of the additive will hurt.

SCRAMHD

Reaction score
There is a good reason why Cummins endorses power service. Diesel kleen is a great product.

NordicNevs

Reaction score
I’ve been using hot shot secrets and prior to that I used optilube and prior to that I used Amsoil all of these have been used in CP4 trucks I think you just can’t go wrong with adding a little bit of lubrication and that’s added to mostly his bio diesel stops that I try to go to primarily.

If you’re at some mom-and-pop diesel stop add whatever you can and add a little more than you probably should and you’ll be OK until you can get to a reputable fuel station.

The Cummins has dual filtration which is more than any of these other vehicles that have had problems have had now that’s not gonna solve every problem but that to me is an indicator of a better support system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ahhhr

Reaction score
Diesel kleen is great.
My old eco-diesel would start running rough - maybe once a year. Id run Diesel kleen for a couple tanks and she'll be purring like a kitten again.

jpaeth

Reaction score
Here's a good video comparing diesel anti-gel additives. I've asked him to do a comparison of everyday additives like PS Diesel Kleen and Hotshots Secret Everyday. But for now I'm considering switching from Power Service to Hotshots products

jpaeth

Reaction score
I have been running 8oz of PS Diesel Kleen every other tank. As mentioned, I am going to be switching to hotshots Secret after my bottle of PS runs out. It looks like it takes less, and if the winter product rest is any indicator it is better on lubricity and anti corrosion.

Burn'n Oil

It's a metaphor!
Reaction score
Making my way through a jug of Howes Diesel Treat. Been adding to each tankful per the recipe on the label. Does it work? Dunno but it's been around since the big guy was riding for the Pony Express and a lot of folks that do agri stuff on the prairies swear by it.

Users who are viewing this thread