Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Front grill trim removal

Riveyman

Reaction score
Looks awesome!
Planning on color matching mine as well. Current grill , has all chrome. So, will need a new grill with the black like yours. It'll happen, just not as soon as I'd like.

Distillusion

Reaction score
Finally got everything done. I went with flat black and real happy about it. I painted the R A M also just to make sure everything match.
Now do anyone know how to remove the big badge on the tailgate?
Another video for you. About 4.5 minutes in, I think. It's 4th gen Ram, but the badge probably hasn't changed. No guarantees from me, though. ;)

diablo82

Reaction score
Another video for you. About 4.5 minutes in, I think. It's 4th gen Ram, but the badge probably hasn't changed. No guarantees from me, though. ;)

Thanks man! I think Mopar double down with double sided tape and clips for the 5th gen.... its doesn't seems easy :(

Distillusion

Reaction score
Thanks man! I think Mopar double down with double sided tape and clips for the 5th gen.... its doesn't seems easy :(
Glad to help. Your truck just gets better looking with every photo you share.

I had one idea on the front grille letters but I don't think it will work. Some reviewers have claimed that the RAM letters are hollow centers to let air pass right through to help feed the supercharger. The photos certainly have a nice look (one below). However, I read somewhere that the letters are bigger than the standard letters on the other RAM trims, so they may not fit. Of course, the TRX is based loosely on a 1500-sized truck, so the grill is smaller than what we see on the HDs. Your flat black ones look pretty good, too. It's a toss-up, but I don't think the hollow look is a feasible option anyway.

2021-Ram-TRX-pickup-truck-model-exterior-front-shot-of-grille-and-headlights-with-red-paint-co...jpg

diablo82

Reaction score
Hollow RAM letter is a real cool idea but for us "regular" truck it would require a lot of trimming on the grill...

AKB3

Reaction score
You think you could get a set of right angled needle nose pliers to get those clips to compress?

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
Looks good.

Now that I know how to remove the grille (removed it to install black edition headlights) I wish I had removed my grille to replace my chrome trim pieces with black ones..
I just said screw it I’ll break them. Well, I ended up breaking the tabs off the grille rather than the trim pieces. So the new pieces don’t fit as well because they clips don’t hold. So I had to use other methods to hold them in (3m tape)

I also got trim pieces that weren’t black, they were the dull greyish blue. I painted mine before I installed them

diablo82

Reaction score
Looks good.

Now that I know how to remove the grille (removed it to install black edition headlights) I wish I had removed my grille to replace my chrome trim pieces with black ones..
I just said screw it I’ll break them. Well, I ended up breaking the tabs off the grille rather than the trim pieces. So the new pieces don’t fit as well because they clips don’t hold. So I had to use other methods to hold them in (3m tape)

I also got trim pieces that weren’t black, they were the dull greyish blue. I painted mine before I installed themyou

Looks good.

I also got trim pieces that weren’t black, they were the dull greyish blue. I painted mine before I installed t

Looks good.

I also got trim pieces that weren’t black, they were the dull greyish blue. I painted mine before I installed them
I am looking for a set of night LED headlight also but seem like it's on backorder everywhere :(

cmcx2011

Reaction score
I am looking for a set of night LED headlight also but seem like it's on backorder everywhere :(
FWIW- If I could get a perfect set of non-Night Edition Limited headlamps then I would be willing to trade or sell my Night Edition headlamps once the truck (finally) arrives.

diablo82

Reaction score
FWIW- If I could get a perfect set of non-Night Edition Limited headlamps then I would be willing to trade or sell my Night Edition headlamps once the truck (finally) arrives.
Please let me know if you do find your headlight! Keep in touch!

cmcx2011

Reaction score
Thank you for that video! Anyone need a 2021 Night Edition Limited grille? Ha ha ha!

Users who are viewing this thread