Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

From SW MS

slowindown

Reaction score
The last time I bought a vehicle for my self was 15 years ago when I bought what is still my daily driver and occasional camper puller, a new 07 dodge ram 1500 quad cab 5.7L with 3.92 gears, thunder road edition. It now has 230,000 miles on it.

On April 30 I ordered a ram crew cab long bed 4x4 3500 w/ 6.4L gas 4.10 gears 50gal tank, level A, snow chief, 5th wheel prep., etc, patriot blue, big horn edition. I ordered from MD (coincidentally my 07 came from MD, although when it (or another of the same name) was in Mobile). I hope the new one gives me as good of a level of service as my 07, which has been exceptional. I went with the 3500 long bed as I want to be able to haul either our golf cart, can am commander or 4 wheeler at the same time as the camper (8800 gvwr) and have no worries. Even though all of the cool kids have one, I did not order the diesel because I am frugal, in spite of the fact that I'm buying a new truck.

DeepH20Driller

Reaction score
Where at MS? I grew up around Laurel. Live in 662 land now, Tupelo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

slowindown

Reaction score
Where at MS? I grew up around Laurel. Live in 662 land now, Tupelo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Summit/McComb area since the early 90s. But I'm from Batesville and will likely move back to N. MS in a couple of years when I retire.

DeepH20Driller

Reaction score
I dated a girl from Summit, in 1998. Her dad taught welding at the local Community College. I grew up in a small town called Taylorsville. Small town. I left there in 2010.

ChillRamAK

Reaction score
The last time I bought a vehicle for my self was 15 years ago when I bought what is still my daily driver and occasional camper puller, a new 07 dodge ram 1500 quad cab 5.7L with 3.92 gears, thunder road edition. It now has 230,000 miles on it.

On April 30 I ordered a ram crew cab long bed 4x4 3500 w/ 6.4L gas 4.10 gears 50gal tank, level A, snow chief, 5th wheel prep., etc, patriot blue, big horn edition. I ordered from MD (coincidentally my 07 came from MD, although when it (or another of the same name) was in Mobile). I hope the new one gives me as good of a level of service as my 07, which has been exceptional. I went with the 3500 long bed as I want to be able to haul either our golf cart, can am commander or 4 wheeler at the same time as the camper (8800 gvwr) and have no worries. Even though all of the cool kids have one, I did not order the diesel because I am frugal, in spite of the fact that I'm buying a new truck.
I grew up in Jackson. You're going to love this truck!

Users who are viewing this thread