Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fix for A/C issue??

BlueJoe

Reaction score
How do I reset and what am I resetting? Calibrating the blend doors?
I’m going by what one guy posted on this tread. But you need someone mechanic with a Snapon or Autel computer to plug into port on truck. I’m going to let someone pull Freon and recharge to see if it might have been not fully charged. Then trying reset. I will try and find his posting on this thread

BlueJoe

Reaction score
I’m going by what one guy posted on this tread. But you need someone mechanic with a Snapon or Autel computer to plug into port on truck. I’m going to let someone pull Freon and recharge to see if it might have been not fully charged. Then trying reset. I will try and find his posting on this thread
Hey Had a friend go over my ac system on my 2019. It was over filled by 5 ounces. He said overfill isn’t good. He filled it to spec which is 1.31 pounds. The system went down to 40 degrees out of all four vents. I did notice that the Freon cold line goes up over the engine from drivers side to passenger side. It’s really not insulated and gets most of the heat from the engine. I will be wrapping it with better HVAC insulation. I also will temporarily clamp stop the flow of hot antifreeze going into heater core.

RVTRKN

Reaction score
Be careful with the wrap, it’s designed with that in mind. That’s why the refrigerant control is not at the evaporator and is in the engine compartment. When manufacturers changed to R134a, which is a low temp refrigerant (freezing temperatures) they located the restrictor (refrigerant control) there for that purpose.

Users who are viewing this thread