Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First time RAM Owner

HAULN-SS

Reaction score
Hi All,

Just introducing myself. I bought a 2019 Ram 2500 Limited Megacab with the 6.7 earlier this year. I previously had a 1999 F250 Extended cab with the 7.3. I use it for occasional camper towing, and the only reason I had a Ford in the first place is because I got a really good deal on it (Bought it for $7500 in 2011, sold it for $10000 in 2019). I am downsizing my fleet and selling my cadillac, and decided to go full time daily driving a truck. Took me forever to find the exact options I wanted, and I was looking to buy something slightly used to avoid paying anywhere close to MSRP. Picked up this truck from Tennessee with about 34k miles on it and have put another 6k or so on it since then. I love it! I cross shopped all the 2019/2020 Ford/RAM/GMC trucks out there, and the Ram interior sold me on it. I am actually normally a GM guy, but they phoned it in on the newest 2500s, and they have almost the identical interior in them as a 2015 model. Felt real dated for sitting in a brand new $70,000 truck. Once I settled on the Ram, I started looking for Megacab options. I would have bought a Laramie perhaps, because I didn't need ALL the options, but it was hard to find any of those on the used market that had the locking rear diff. I think this truck has almost every option box trucked, and I saved about $20k off MSRP even after getting it CPOd and a Maxcare warranty.

I was also not looking to buy a black truck, and this Delmonico red really pops! I am not entirely sure, but I think the previous owner debadged it, and blacked out the grill and mirrors - as I could not figure out a way to option one like this on the RAM website, without getting black wheels too, which I didn't want. Any idea if that's accurate?

Attachments

• IMG_20200811_134639.jpg
    IMG_20200811_134639.jpg
    851.6 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_20200823_122111.jpg
    IMG_20200823_122111.jpg
    733.7 KB · Views: 28

kobra

Reaction score
Nice looking truck!
I don't think it was debadged, as the badging is pretty minimal on this gen. But I think you're right; I don't see how it could have been ordered with chrome wheels and blacked out...

In 2020 they started the night edition, but afaik that was only black on black with black interior.

It is just now, for the 2021's, that you can get blacked out trim and wheels with other color paint and interior. I have a 2020 3500 Limited with pearl white and painted bumpers, but still lots of chrome. When I look at the 2021 online configurator at the night edition with the pearl white, I kinda wish I'd have waited for that. Maybe next time, lol.

B

HAULN-SS

Reaction score
Good to know. I might actually have the blackout redone. I also need to have the bumper touched up a clear-bra put on. It already has a few gravel dings that have flaked off the paint in a couple small places. Have to had that issue with your painted bumpers?

McHenry2500

Reaction score
No cummins badge on the front quarter panel? It may have been de-badged.

kobra

Reaction score
Good to know. I might actually have the blackout redone. I also need to have the bumper touched up a clear-bra put on. It already has a few gravel dings that have flaked off the paint in a couple small places. Have to had that issue with your painted bumpers?

I got Xpel put on right away and would recommend something similar. Rock chips will definitely be an issue with painted bumpers. On my last truck, even with the film, I got a nasty chip right above a corner of the film... chrome bumpers do have some advantages...

B

Distillusion

Reaction score
I was also not looking to buy a black truck, and this Delmonico red really pops! I am not entirely sure, but I think the previous owner debadged it, and blacked out the grill and mirrors - as I could not figure out a way to option one like this on the RAM website, without getting black wheels too, which I didn't want. Any idea if that's accurate?
This link usually works to see the original window sticker. Just add your VIN after the = sign at the end of the URL and paste the whole thing into your browser. That way you can see the original options. It works for 2019 and 2020, not sure about earlier years.

Eatonpcat

Reaction score
Looks like it was at least partially debadged as I do not see the Cummins logo

Welcome Brother, nice truck

Pronto

Reaction score
Nice truck, I love my Ramboxes and would have a hard time giving them up.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome.

Limited Night Edition wasn't offered until mid 20 so that grill and surround were painted. Chrome Mirrors painted or wrapped or replaced.

Cummins badge is missing (why!!!???) :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread