Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First (real) truck!

DCC

Reaction score
This is my current "truck". She's a 2005 Honda Pilot with 200K miles. That's 2 timing belt/water pump changes I've done since I got her used!
Not much for payload and the trailer, although having an open concept floor plan, is lacking a few amenities.

2005 Honda Pilot 1000w.jpg

So, I've put in my order for an upgrade.

2022 Ram 3500 Build.jpg

1637189589429.png

So, I can pull a little more comfortable travel trailer and the wife will agree to hit the road with me :)

*** and this is not happening. see below. ***

Last edited:

DCC

Reaction score
Another update. So, since I got my VIN, I figured I would punch it into the Dodge VIN decoder to make sure the Laramie I ordered showed the right options. Oh boy. Somewhere in the ordering process, someone keyed in 4x2 instead of 4x4. Don't want RWD since I've got plans to go offroad. To make this buying timeline a bit trickier, I've got places to be this spring so I can't wait around for another truck to be built, even though the dealer tried to convince me the truck might be built faster. Did a search on Autotrader for a used Laramie and each potential truck came up short in one way or another (or was over my budget). Dealer said they have a 2022 Tradesman 3500 6.7L 4x4 SWR CC 8' bed with 50 gal tank with my name on it if I want it. BTW - I'm kinda a minimalist so I didn't have the large UConnect screen ordered for the Laramie - or any of the other sensory magic you could get on that truck. What I'm really giving up is the leather, ventilated seats, which are a definite creature comfort here in FLA. Also, dealer is giving me a good deal on the Tradesman because they know they f*cked up. I'm interested to know what you would do in this situation.

RVTRKN

Reaction score
Big difference between Laramie and Tradesman, my personal preference is the Laramie, sorry to hear the order was messed up.

RVTRKN

Reaction score
BTW, the HO is a better choice for a few dollars more.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Big difference between Laramie and Tradesman, my personal preference is the Laramie, sorry to hear the order was messed up.
Depending what options it has not really a huge difference hell my tradesman has more options than quite a few bighorns i have seen around here

RVTRKN

Reaction score
One of the biggest standouts is the dash information center, my preference is to see the many different gauges that I chose to see, and in the position where I want them.

DCC

Reaction score
Thanks, everyone, for the feedback. Yes, it does have the level 2 Tradesman pkg. @RVTRKN, could you elaborate on your point about the gauges? I've attached the windows sticker for the truck. Dealer is taking $2K off that price. Did some searching around the interwebs and from what I've seen, that's a pretty good deal. I might drive it for a while and see what Ram comes out with in 2023. But, for now I've got something to start prepping for my upcoming trip to Round Rock to get my travel trailer.

"No, you can't always get what you want
You can't always get what you want
But if you try sometime you find
You get what you need" - The Rolling Stones

Attachments

• Ram3500WindowSticker.pdf
    70.4 KB · Views: 21

GBB

Reaction score
Throw some Katzkyn leather on the seats..better than you’d get on a Laramie

RVTRKN

Reaction score
I’ll load some pics later, but look at a Laramie or higher trim and the bighorn or lower trim and you’ll see the difference.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
I’ll load some pics later, but look at a Laramie or higher trim and the bighorn or lower trim and you’ll see the difference.
I have and its not a huge difference just some useless comfort features

gimmie11s

Reaction score

The improved dash package/gauge cluster is the worth the upgrade in and of itself. I just learned you can program it to place the gauge of your choice almost anywhere on the cluster. It's awesome.

RVTRKN

Reaction score
Yes, that is true, I spent a month changing positions and gauge of choice. That’s why I wanted a Laramie, big difference with the little things. If it were me, I’d wait to get what I want.

Users who are viewing this thread