Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First Oil change done

Bighorn

Reaction score
I did my 1st oil change last night at 3,000 miles. I know people have different opinions on this topic. I like to do the filter change from above. i remove the tube from the turbo to air-box (takes about 2 minutes). This gives easy access. I was so happy the stock filter was pretty easy to get off with a common oil filter pliers. I let is cool down a while and didn't spill a drop taking off the filter. Draining the engine was easy. I was done in less than an hour. Most of the time was letting it drain. I used Mobil 1 diesel oil and a factory mopar filter. i remember some real nightmares with removing the factory filter on past new trucks and was real happy it was uneventful.

Bighorn

Reaction score
I guess i am old fashioned and remember my dad always telling me any new engine should have its first oil change sooner than scheduled. Then stick to the schedule after. In 2019 that might not matter but it was only $85, it was somewhat fun to do (first time on new truck), and i feel better knowing I did it myself. I'll admit I do the same with other items i have with engines too...lawnmower, quads, tractor, etc.

Angeou

Reaction score
The first change of oil in the new car is called the first guarantee.

The first insurance for a new car is generally 3,000 kilometers or 3 months. But if it is not absolute, you can check the maintenance manual of the vehicle. There will be instructions above.

The first insurance is generally to change the oil to the engine oil, because the engine of the new car needs to be run-in, some magazines will be produced during the running-in period, so it is necessary to change the oil and machine filter a little earlier.

Users who are viewing this thread