Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Firestone air bags

RAMMIT

Reaction score
I use Airlift bags and wireless compressor from lowrider ca great pricing and delivery, Have used airbags on all my trucks great way to control my levels with different loads , 8ft camper in the box and cargo trailer on the hitch, never overloaded just level control. the factory air works different on 2500 has coils, 3500 has leaf springs and is only alternate height 1inch so not very much control on the 3500 thats why I use the aftermarket setup also cheaper option and cheaper to repair if something goes wrong. Works for me and I tow everyday rolling workshop.

Bozo

Self-banned
Reaction score
I use Airlift bags and wireless compressor from lowrider ca great pricing and delivery, Have used airbags on all my trucks great way to control my levels with different loads , 8ft camper in the box and cargo trailer on the hitch, never overloaded just level control. the factory air works different on 2500 has coils, 3500 has leaf springs and is only alternate height 1inch so not very much control on the 3500 thats why I use the aftermarket setup also cheaper option and cheaper to repair if something goes wrong. Works for me and I tow everyday rolling workshop.
Yes. I prefer the aftermarket as well. It gets me more travel to hitch and unhitch with ease, vs the 1” or so factory systems get you.

Dieseldan723

Reaction score
Glad I found this. I just picked up our new 5th Wheel over the weekend and I really think airbags would help. Trailer towed like a dream, but airbags would give me a bit of comfort. Here is a picture with trailer. You can see the truck is perfectly level.

RAM 3500_Cedar_Creek_360RL.jpg

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Glad I found this. I just picked up our new 5th Wheel over the weekend and I really think airbags would help. Trailer towed like a dream, but airbags would give me a bit of comfort. Here is a picture with trailer. You can see the truck is perfectly level.

View attachment 14517

Bags will, IMHO, improve the handling and reduce porpoising. It was a must for me on my old 2500 double towing.

Bozo

Self-banned
Reaction score

View attachment 14517
You can’t go wrong with bags as an extra margin of safety and security.

Users who are viewing this thread