Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fifth Wheel Clearance

44Dan44

Reaction score
Its about choosing the right trailer these days as There are lots of factors such as legal max height that make it where you can not tow with a lifted vehicle and have proper bed clearance and the trailer ride flat, i have lifted enough trailers and now these new trailers a lot of them can not be lifted due to the manufactures building them so close to 13’6”.

I was looking at a new 40 footer this year it was almost max hight and sitting level there would be almost 0 bed clearance on my truck i would have to run a flat bed to tow it and it would still not be level…
Totally agree. I was just using a lifted truck as an example that makes the calculations even harder, like you said, its all about choosing the right combo and that can take a lot of research and put you in a truck or fifth wheel that wasn't on your radar but has the set up you need.

Dirtbiker70X

Reaction score
Those TH momentums do sit low in the front, is that a 397?
I definitely wouldn't be able to go where I do with my 395 if it had a drop frame.
View attachment 48507
Yep, it's a 397. Of course, the generator exhaust and underbelly hang even lower than the frame rails, I've been meaning to get under there and give her a tummy tuck! There have been a couple of occasions where I was just cringing waiting for something to hit or drag, couldn't have been more than a female short & curly of clearance!

Great looking rig you've got there!

Users who are viewing this thread