Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fender Flares?

scramblyn

Reaction score
Here are pictures of the Mopar off-road flares referenced in my post above:

View attachment 21343

View attachment 21344

View attachment 21345

View attachment 21348

View attachment 21349

How she looks post AEV Prospector upgrade with same fender flares.

View attachment 21350
@ramblinChet - this looks great. I've seen your truck in other threads and it inspired me to put those AEV Saltas on my new-to-me 19 3500 bighorn.

how complicated was the install of these flares? and what mud flaps are those? rokbloks?

My plan is to go with the mopar off road flares and rokblok xls but i'd like to know if it was a pain in the ass and if you're still happy with the setup

thanks

scramblyn

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply and the detail! What do the splash shields get you and were the U nuts and head tapping screws for the shields?

I'm off to google around the installation videos for all of this. Still debating the rokbloks as you now have me thinking that an OEM splash guard will be cheaper, easier and look closer to stock. I'm not trying to be over the top in appearance. Just to have a tight setup.

Again, thank you and yes, I'll be sending up some photos for sure.

scramblyn

Reaction score
Ah. Thanks. OK. Ordered the off-road OEM flares and am debating the OEM mud flaps versus the Rok Blokz. I need to pull the trigger this weekend on one or the other so I can install them both at the same time. Photos and install experience description when they're mounted.

Shadowboxin20

Reaction score
Saw the thread and figured I would ask. Is rust an issue with the flares like on some other trucks? First ram for me

socalexpeditions

Reaction score
I know this is a 4.5g thread, but torn on what flares to put on my 2018 Single Cab 2500.

Anyone put powerwagon flares on the single cab? I’m between that (cause they are cheaper), OEM Mopar Off-Road flares, or just regular smooth-side OE style flares.

Attachments

• 3CCD0D26-7060-4349-ADCE-819426AB052E.jpeg
    3CCD0D26-7060-4349-ADCE-819426AB052E.jpeg
    598.4 KB · Views: 52

maxx442

Reaction score
I know this is a 4.5g thread, but torn on what flares to put on my 2018 Single Cab 2500.

Anyone put powerwagon flares on the single cab? I’m between that (cause they are cheaper), OEM Mopar Off-Road flares, or just regular smooth-side OE style flares.
I think the PW flares would look good on it.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score

I dont see a single cab anywhere but the PW flares would look great on that REG cab

cc1999

Reaction score
Just spoke to my body shop. My Bushwacker OE flairs are supposed to be ready this afternoon. I had them painted body color (White).
My 2022 Regular cab Bighorn arrived at the dealer last week. I already have my AEV rims with 35s setting in the barn ready to go on.
I was going to order the OEM flairs for a Laramie, but thanks to some research and help on the forums like this one. I found out they required holes in the face of the fenders and no template would be provided.
So I went with the OE smooth Bushwacker flairs. Figured that would give me the look and function I was after without drilling into the fenders.
I will post up some pics once I have mine installed.
Thought I would update this last post with some complete pics.
2022 Ram 3500 pic 7.jpg2022 Ram 3500 pic 4.jpg2022 Ram 3500 pic 10.jpg2022 Ram 3500 pic 9.jpg

Last edited:

Wrayzor

Reaction score
Changed out my color matched flares for the Buschwacker Forged flares as I am also installing the new AEV winch bumper in a couple of weeks. Wanted more of the black contrast so the bumper didn't stand out as much. I also add the Trail Armor protectors below the doors. Pic of bumper being installed for reference.

Attachments

• Black Flares Left.jpg
    Black Flares Left.jpg
    420.7 KB · Views: 59
  • Black Flares Right.jpg
    Black Flares Right.jpg
    431.8 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_0074.JPG
    IMG_0074.JPG
    224.2 KB · Views: 58

kanabram

Reaction score
Just received OE flares from the dealer. Based on the tabs, it appears as if they expect you to drill into your fenders. Anyone else have any concerns with this? Any suggestions on how to mark the holes to be drilled?
Flares.jpg

Grateful Dad

Reaction score
Just take the tabs off and use some 3M tape. The prior models were done that way (no tabs in the fender)

Oh ya, snip the alignment tab/pin and you’re good to go.

And if your OCD is really kicking in, you can add a strip or 2 of the clear 3M paint protector so the flair won’t scratch/rub the paint.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread