Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FCA Closes Saltillo Truck Assembly Plant – Home Of The Ram Heavy Duty:

redriderbob

Co-Editor & Ram Guru!
Staff member
Reaction score
FCA Closes Saltillo Truck Assembly Plant – Home Of The Ram Heavy Duty:
COVID-19 Crisis Makes Ram Truck Production Come To A Halt...

1584625391500.png

1FastHemi

Reaction score

geektoad

Reaction score
Just spoke with my dealership's manager about my truck that's on order. It's Coded JS and they said that they're trying to get it out before everything shuts down. He said he'll know if they were successful next week. Anyone in the same boat might still see theirs soon.

1FastHemi

Reaction score
Mine was in F status (Paint) yesterday, so it looks like I'm in for a long wait. :(

R.J.

Reaction score
My order is in D1 since Feb 18th. Clearly, it could be months away before production starts up again. Dealer states he hasn't heard of any shutdown, but if it did, it would be stuck in D1.

IDK, wondering what options are left.

MartyZ

Reaction score
You guys will just have to wait it out. the union is refusing to work and the countermeasures set in place to attempt to contain the contamination was unsuccessful. Once everything clears up production will be back on track. Sucks for people who had their trucks being built or finished but cant receive them now for an extended period of time. Hang in there. production will be back on track soon enough.

AFF

Reaction score
How long does it take to build these trucks? When I went to the car plant in Brampton I followed a car being built from being a sheet of steal right thru to the car being driven out the door. Took about 4 hours.

Kimo7

HDRams' Official Greeter
Reaction score
I agree with MartyZ, be optimistic it’ll happen for you soon. This is a global problem and great minds throughout the world are working hard on finding a solution. Hopefully they’ll find one soon and you guys are posting pics of your new rides.

MartyZ

Reaction score
How long does it take to build these trucks? When I went to the car plant in Brampton I followed a car being built from being a sheet of steal right thru to the car being driven out the door. Took about 4 hours.
Takes about 3 hours in general assembly for any 1500. Thats not including building the body and bed or paint. from when the painted box and cab enter General assembly and they get built up and put on the built chassis is around 3 hours. We finish a Ram every 45 seconds give or take.

Users who are viewing this thread