Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

F-150 Epic tow test fail

jdefoe0424

Reaction score
One thing is that camper is definitely not EV friendly, it's quite tall and has off-road tires. I've seen where airstream owners get closer to 1/2 the range than 1/3.
I'm waiting for someone to do some range testing with trailers in mixed suburb, in-town and rural, no highway. This is where a lot of contractors, landscapers, service jobs and others will be put to use and see the most savings compared to gas. Plus the range won't be cut in 1/3.

They recently did this video, EV is suited to short haul and in city driving. You get the benefit of less wind resistance and regenerative braking. But the cost...HOLY COW!

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
I saw one review video that was very similar but I believe it was a 9k lb trailer and he got 1/2 the range he normally gets (115 Vs 230 mi or similar)

he was justifying that by saying “if you tow with a normal truck you get half the Mpg” basically saying it was the same. But that hasn’t been my experience towing with gas. I don’t know what truck he used to own but every v8 truck I’ve had only took a ~3mpg knock while towing less than 10k.

MikeXM

Reaction score
I saw one review video that was very similar but I believe it was a 9k lb trailer and he got 1/2 the range he normally gets (115 Vs 230 mi or similar)

he was justifying that by saying “if you tow with a normal truck you get half the Mpg” basically saying it was the same. But that hasn’t been my experience towing with gas. I don’t know what truck he used to own but every v8 truck I’ve had only took a ~3mpg knock while towing less than 10k.
You don't have a mediocre no load 230mi range with a gas engine to start with. That argument is moot.

MEGA HO

Reaction score

It also doesn't take 6 hours to fill up, lol
Bring in Hydrogen Fuel Cells and update the fueling infrastructure, then I will switch to electric.

Users who are viewing this thread