Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MOPAR - MAXCARE - Zeigler - Extended Warranty Merged Mega Thread

John Jensen

Reaction score
So after this year if I need to go to dealership for a issue they run my vin number and they will see it has extended warranty and $100 dollars deductible ?
Yes. You will be in their system. They will see it if you go to the dealership today.

BlueJoe

Reaction score
Hello Morning I called Tom left message and he called shortly after. My vin was already in system. Very nice person answered all my questions and concerns. Now I’m trying to get refund back from another warranty company JM&A Never Used that dealership originally indicated was supposed to be Chrysler. They haven’t returned my call . Thank you John

buzzuti

Reaction score
Searched the forum and came up a little empty handed... (if it is a dupe post, kick me in the right direction)

Digging around I have seen comments on "Zeigler warranty price match" and am curious about the options and sentiment around extended warranties.

When searching the web for "Zeigler Warranty" I got a lot of suspect sites with various vague information and peeling back the layers can be a little daunting.

Probably a very subjective question/ answer, however what are the pros v cons on something like a "Mopar Vehicle Protection Plan"

Hoping to scrap some recommendations, experiences, and just general thoughts from folks on the subject of Warranties, standard and extended.

Go!

sstoner911

Reaction score
I have the extended warranty that Mopar Offers. I have also used Car Shield.

I haven't had use either...but be sure to read the fine print on what's covered and not covered....even more so with a diesel.

aaronedmonton

Reaction score
I’ve had Ziegler Max Care on a Charger. The dealership knew about the warranty but my issue was small enough I didn’t need to use it. They are legit. Heard a lot of good things about them too.

Jmar

Reaction score
I got Mopar max care 8/85000 miles and my dealer could not believe ziegler‘s price. I actually had several of the salesman’s that have trucks on order ask me how I found it. After all was said and done my dealer honored Zieglers price (1350.00)

aaronedmonton

Reaction score
I got Mopar max care 8/85000 miles and my dealer could not believe ziegler‘s price. I actually had several of the salesman’s that have trucks on order ask me how I found it. After all was said and done my dealer honored Zieglers price (1350.00)
I think I paid about this for my Charger warranty. I found a coupon code online and it took $300 off the price

John Jensen

Reaction score
When I bought my Mopar Max Care in 2020 Ziegler was forth down the list on price
First was Tom Winkels, Hayes Jeep, 269-385-1116
Second was Joe Topor, 888 918 9840 Chrysler Warrantys

dm6

Reaction score
I got this same plan. Normally, I wouldn't bother with a warranty but I think this is a great price to not have to worry about anything for 8 years. It is unbelievable how much of a price difference there is in warranties. I didn't really pay that much attention to the one the dealer offered, but I know it was some third party one and I think it came with oil changes too. They basically just try to tell you the monthly payment will be the same (or in this case, he said "it's actually $20 a month lower if you get the warranty!") but adds on a whole extra year of payments so that is like almost $6000! $1350 seems like a small price to pay just in case there is even one issue with the electronics or something.

Sponge60

Reaction score
My dealer beat the Ziegler price for a Max Care plan by $100 on both my Ram and Gladiator. Most dealers will at least match the price. It's the exact same factory extended warranty.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
My dealer beat the Ziegler price for a Max Care plan by $100 on both my Ram and Gladiator. Most dealers will at least match the price. It's the exact same factory extended warranty.

Any dealer worth their salt will do this because getting spiffed for selling x number of MaxCare warranties regardless of profit is better than not getting spiffed at all for missing the quota.

Same reason the volume sellers can do better on below invoice pricing if you push for it. The factory kickbacks are all about the number of units pushed.

whitexc

Reaction score
My dealer was pushing aftermarket warranty and couldn't come close to Zeigler.

Sent from my semi-smart telephonic device

fuchsroehre

Reaction score
Dealers are selling Warranty as if the Ram trucks are junk. They also disregard the factory warranty which is 5 yrs and 100k miles for the Diesel powertrain.
For me that stuff never makes sense.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Dealers are selling Warranty as if the Ram trucks are junk. They also disregard the factory warranty which is 5 yrs and 100k miles for the Diesel powertrain.
For me that stuff never makes sense.

I put on so little miles, I time out. So 8yr/60K made sense for the low cost and peace of mind, mostly on the electronics, and formerly on the CP4.

buzzuti

Reaction score
These trucks are such a huge investment.
I do not have the shop space, tools, or time for that manner to "fix" myself. (honestly wish I did, just other priorities at this point)

Small upfront investment seems to make a ton of sense to me.

Pizziola29

Reaction score
Spoke with MOPAR Ram and they are offering bumper to bumper for $2900 for up to 100k miles. Thoughts?

MacDuff

Reaction score
Check pricing with chryslerwarrantydirect.com
You can compare any length of warranty, mileage and deductible coverage right on their website.
I've purchased contracts for the last 3 Mopar products I've owned. I always go with Max care which is the most comprehensive. Deductible is up to you.
Good prices and easy to deal with.
This is a genuine factory warranty, I definitely wouldn't go aftermarket.

Users who are viewing this thread