Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Exhaust service required see dealer

CharlesBunch

Reaction score
I just got this message today also. I started my truck and it made a horrible squealing noise. Then about 30 min later that message showed to see dealer. Took it in and haven’t heard anything yet. My truck has 10000 miles on it

Reaction score
Well, seems this is something common. I checked the code and it come back P2560. Which is low coolant. I checked the coolant and its not low. Not sure what the coolant has to do with the DEF. Only 19K miles on the truck certainly makes you a little worried. And the worst part is the local Ram dealer I wouldn’t let them change the oil on my golf cart! They are utterly useless!

DACB7A35-2AE5-4407-A00C-9B0CFEB69125.jpeg

jkempken

Reaction score
Well, seems this is something common. I checked the code and it come back P2560. Which is low coolant. I checked the coolant and its not low. Not sure what the coolant has to do with the DEF. Only 19K miles on the truck certainly makes you a little worried. And the worst part is the local Ram dealer I wouldn’t let them change the oil on my golf cart! They are utterly useless!

View attachment 12238
The coolant system helps heat up and melt the def in cold weather. Might be why the low coolant is throwing a def fault.

Jellis303

Reaction score
Also this note:
CAUTION!
See an authorized dealer, as damage to the
exhaust system could occur soon with
continued operation.

You'll want to visit a dealer ASAP
I had this happen today. 2020 RAM 2500. Got off the highway and pulled into traffic. BAM This warning and the truck struggling to stay running. Almost got T-boned trying to get off the road and into a parking lot. Truck died a couple blocks from dealership. Tried to start it back up and the noises it made were horrible. It’s only got 6900 miles. They didn’t have a clue what’s wrong and are keeping it. Any ideas

flan

Reaction score
The coolant system helps heat up and melt the def in cold weather. Might be why the low coolant is throwing a def fault.
On big trucks yes, not too sure about that on our trucks....

Epsilon Plus

Reaction score
I had this happen today. 2020 RAM 2500. Got off the highway and pulled into traffic. BAM This warning and the truck struggling to stay running. Almost got T-boned trying to get off the road and into a parking lot. Truck died a couple blocks from dealership. Tried to start it back up and the noises it made were horrible. It’s only got 6900 miles. They didn’t have a clue what’s wrong and are keeping it. Any ideas

CP4 strikes again. That's my bet.

Xflight29

Reaction score
OMG, You people with the CP4. Why would the pump maker a horrible noise after it had failed ?

Jellis303

Reaction score
Just passing the information I got back from dealership. ‍♂️ I have no idea about the noise or why the pump fails. The dealership said they are working directly with the engineers to get it fixed.

Xflight29

Reaction score
Just passing the information I got back from dealership. ‍♂️ I have no idea about the noise or why the pump fails. The dealership said they are working directly with the engineers to get it fixed.
Hell that sucks. sorry to hear.

Jellis303

Reaction score
It’s definitely inconvenient and the situation was pretty scary. The positive side is RAM seems to be taking it seriously and so far they are working with us to get us back up and running. I’ve heard horror stories about dealerships giving people problems about the warranty. So far we’re being taken care of. I’ll keep updating our thread so others who may have the same issue can see how it turns out.

Nick

Reaction score
Sir our 2019 3500 limted dually just gave us this same message. We stopped and it has been taken to the dealer . They are awaiting instructions. Is it software issue our does Ram now need to replace the truck since it only 10 months old.
Why would you even think an exhaust problem requires a new truck ? Makes zero sense .

Jellis303

Reaction score
If it’s the same problem it’s not software and will need to be worked on. I wouldn’t assume anything as it probably depends on the total amount of damage and how much it costs them to fix it. Best of luck!

Jellis303

Reaction score
UPDATE: Just picked up the truck from dealer. I was shocked when I answered the phone to “your truck is ready for pick up”. I was expecting “just calling to update you on your vehicle.” Service guy said the quick turn around was due to RAM not wanting to buy back our new rig and pushing to get it repaired. IDK. I am still skeptical about turning my wife loose in it, and I really don’t want to tow with it anymore. Having your truck just die without warning in traffic almost cost me an accident. With a trailer going down the mountain pass would be catastrophic. Am I just being paranoid or I should I be overly cautious about another issue? Anyone have this work done before and have a repeat?

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
UPDATE: Just picked up the truck from dealer. I was shocked when I answered the phone to “your truck is ready for pick up”. I was expecting “just calling to update you on your vehicle.” Service guy said the quick turn around was due to RAM not wanting to buy back our new rig and pushing to get it repaired. IDK. I am still skeptical about turning my wife loose in it, and I really don’t want to tow with it anymore. Having your truck just die without warning in traffic almost cost me an accident. With a trailer going down the mountain pass would be catastrophic. Am I just being paranoid or I should I be overly cautious about another issue? Anyone have this work done before and have a repeat?

Please complete a report on NHTSA regarding this.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
I wonder what truck is sitting at the dealer waiting for parts lol i doubt they could have got all the parts in that time with the shortages going around

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
I wonder what truck is sitting at the dealer waiting for parts lol i doubt they could have got all the parts in that time with the shortages going around

Maybe the "Pending Service Action" is just pre-staging parts stock at dealers.

(Oh Lord I hope not and we're all going to get CP-ISB21S3 (new CP3 design) pumps...)

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Maybe the "Pending Service Action" is just pre-staging parts stock at dealers.

(Oh Lord I hope not and we're all going to get CP-ISB21S3 (new CP3 design) pumps...)
Possibly..... i dont worry about my early CP4 but ill take a free CP-3ish thing for sure lol

red

Reaction score
I did right after I got home from the dealer the day it broke down.

Can you please take and post a picture of the new pump they installed? Just curious if it's another CP4.

Users who are viewing this thread