Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Exhaust service required see dealer

autorescue

Reaction score
Have a 2018 Ram 3500 that had a message pop up on panel that states exhaust service required see dealer & check engine light came on with it. Has anyone had this problem? Note: this is a tow truck so I do have 200k on it.

RamCares

RamCares Team
Reaction score
Have a 2018 Ram 3500 that had a message pop up on panel that states exhaust service required see dealer & check engine light came on with it. Has anyone had this problem? Note: this is a tow truck so I do have 200k on it.
Hey there,

We're sorry to hear of the trouble you’re experiencing. If you decide to address this concern with your certified Ram dealer, please feel free to send us a private message. We would be happy to provide you with an additional layer of assistance for that process.

Callie
Ram Cares

YevZee

Reaction score
We use 2020 and 2021 Ram 3500 for car haulers and have a 2020 that was purchased in July and lost the fuel pump at 14k, that took 3 months to get a pump and repair, one the road for a monthy and exhaust sytem warning and limp mode starts, into dealer again, computer upgrade and back out after 2 weeks. Ran 65 miles and again exhaust warning and limp mode, in shop for 2 months waiting for wiring harness, got it back last week and made it 400 miles and again same issue. Stopped at 2 Chrysler dealers between Billings MT and Lubbock Texas for diag and no issues found. Now dead in highway 60 miles from Lubbock TX.
My company uses rams 3500 from 2019 to 2022…your truck was out for 6 months… what do you do with in case like yours??

YevZee

Reaction score
May be time to replace DEF system… mine with supposedly 81K 2020 Ram 3500 had the whole system replaced and now got the message and just died. No warnings like “In 50mi you will drive 5mph”
Now it cranked so but not biting… won’t start..

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
May be time to replace DEF system… mine with supposedly 81K 2020 Ram 3500 had the whole system replaced and now got the message and just died. No warnings like “In 50mi you will drive 5mph”
Now it cranked so but not biting… won’t start..
Def wont cause a no start…

flan

Reaction score
CP4 Probably took a dump. I’ve never read why but when it does the exhaust system message pops up.

DAMONDENG

Reaction score
Anyone fixed this problem ?
am facing this problem for 6 months. still didn't fix it yet .
It happened when cold temperature , uphill or towing .
pop out "exhaust system required , see the dealer ", then limit power . the fuel rail pressure will not higher than 10K psi.
no CEL , but got P0087 pending code.
I replaced the lift pump , the fuel filter ( twice)
re-tie fuel tube nut .
but didn't fix anything ?
so am thinking the problem might not at the fuel pressure?
got the P0087 because the exhaust problem ? then went in to limit mode , then got P0087?

am not sure . anyone can help me ?

thx.

Users who are viewing this thread