Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Electronic Stability Control

Blazchasr

Reaction score
I had the eletronic stability control light come on and stay on in my 2019 2500. When I took it in to have it looked at, they said the steering wheel clock spring was the culprit. They have the parts on order but, didn't think the clock spring had anything to do with stability control. Anybody have any experience with this?

NWWIRAM

Reaction score
I had the eletronic stability control light come on and stay on in my 2019 2500. When I took it in to have it looked at, they said the steering wheel clock spring was the culprit. They have the parts on order but, didn't think the clock spring had anything to do with stability control. Anybody have any experience with this?
My situation may not be the same as yours because of the age of my truck, but my electronic stability control light stays on from start up and goes out on its own after driving about 20-30 miles. My thoughts were since I haven't put any more than a few hundred miles on the truck since the summer of 2019, something may be sticking or there is a corroded connection someplace. I am not sure, but since I don't drive the truck for 3-4 months over the winter months, I am thinking something is hanging up or sticking someplace. Is there a sensor on the rear end? I ask this because I think I remember the light comes on when traction is lost on one of the rear wheels. Maybe it would help to change the gear lube in the rear end to a synthetic lube.
I am not worried about it at all, but it would be nice if I could use the cruise control when the light is on.

DellaRed

Reaction score
My new '22 2500 6.7 gets all these warning indicators and locks out 4x4 capability. I'm taking it in on Monday for warranty service. One of the things that flashes on the dash is Traction Control needs service. Als, ABS warning comes on and Trailer Brake needs service. All 3 things happen at once and 4x4 unusable. I'm ticked off. Thanks

LateToTheParty

Didn't want to come
Reaction score
Sounds legit to me. I know after my lift when the steering wheel was off-center, I got the same ESC light before I adjusted the drag link and centered things. I could see a faulty clock spring doing the same, as it can't sense the steering returning to center.
My new '22 2500 6.7 gets all these warning indicators and locks out 4x4 capability. I'm taking it in on Monday for warranty service. One of the things that flashes on the dash is Traction Control needs service. Als, ABS warning comes on and Trailer Brake needs service. All 3 things happen at once and 4x4 unusable. I'm ticked off. Thanks
I had that happen (same message and lights) when something chewed through one of my wheel speed sensor wires at the rear axle. If I recall correctly it was about $50 for the new sensor and took about 5 minutes to replace, then all was good again.

Reaction score

@DellaRed -I have the exact same issue, been looking on all kinds of forums for a solution. Can you let me know what worked for you?

Reaction score
i brought the truck to my local shop and they scanned it and said the right front wheel speed sensor had a fault. the tech had a live data tool and while driving the truck he said it was faulting only on right turns, which is super odd. They tried replacing the right front wheel speed sensor and the problem got worse! They ended up putting the old one back in and now the issue is gone. So I'm still stumped.

jsalbre

Reaction score
i brought the truck to my local shop and they scanned it and said the right front wheel speed sensor had a fault. the tech had a live data tool and while driving the truck he said it was faulting only on right turns, which is super odd. They tried replacing the right front wheel speed sensor and the problem got worse! They ended up putting the old one back in and now the issue is gone. So I'm still stumped.
If it's happening only on turns to one direction then I'd say it's likely there's a minor break in the wiring. Turning one way pulls the wiring apart while turning the other way doesn't.

Reaction score
What did the dealer end up doing in your case?

Users who are viewing this thread