Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

EGR in 19K miles. UGGGG

Reaction score
Well, out of town for work and get a check engine light and service cruise control system. Truck would barely pull its own weight up a hill. Took it onto the local Ram dealer and has

P2281 (Air leak between the MEF sensor and Throttle Body)

P0299 (Turbo / Supercharger Underboost Condition")

P0401 (Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) Flow Insufficient Detected), and

P056E

With 19K miles on a 2019 2500 Limited I am obviously not happy. No, I’m not deleting it since I’m still under warranty. Once that is up that may very well be an option if I can find the parts to do it. Just hate being stuck out of town at a small dealership that doesn’t have loaner vehicles. I certainly hope this is isn’t of things to come with this truck.

yycdiesel

Reaction score
I've had a similar issue where my truck wouldn't recognize the def tank was full and and was 200km out of town and was 15 km away from limp mode. They need a override for this so we can get them back to a place that's safe.

Sent from my SM-G986W using Tapatalk

Jackb60

Reaction score
Well, out of town for work and get a check engine light and service cruise control system. Truck would barely pull its own weight up a hill. Took it onto the local Ram dealer and has

P056E

With 19K miles on a 2019 2500 Limited I am obviously not happy. No, I’m not deleting it since I’m still under warranty. Once that is up that may very well be an option if I can find the parts to do it. Just hate being stuck out of town at a small dealership that doesn’t have loaner vehicles. I certainly hope this is isn’t of things to come with this truck.
I have a 2019 2500 6.7 and at about 20k miles I got the check engine light due to the P0299 code. Two trips to the dealership and several days without my truck and it still doesn’t run like it did before.

Bozo

Self-banned
Reaction score
Only when under warranty do i replace egr crappola when failure happens. Otherwise off to the trash heap.

thestuarts

Reaction score

P056E

Have you ever had your truck Powertrain Control Module (PCM) updated? TSB 18-059-20 installs a PCM update which addresses DEF P0299. Of course, it is entirely possible your truck genuinely needs service, but at least see if your dealer will install the latest PCM update. I just had my truck serviced yesterday, and they installed a PCM update for TSB 18-010-21, although I can't find that TSB, yet. My dealership is being coy about what it fixes, and they said they can't give me a copy of the TSB.

Jackb60

Reaction score
Have you ever had your truck Powertrain Control Module (PCM) updated? TSB 18-059-20 installs a PCM update which addresses DEF P0299. Of course, it is entirely possible your truck genuinely needs service, but at least see if your dealer will install the latest PCM update. I just had my truck serviced yesterday, and they installed a PCM update for TSB 18-010-21, although I can't find that TSB, yet. My dealership is being coy about what it fixes, and they said they can't give me a copy of the TSB.
I had mine updated. Helped my problem a little. CEL has stayed off but truck is still running a bit rough and loud. The truck was smooth and quiet before the P0299 code.

Users who are viewing this thread