Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Easy with all the Ads!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Omarf4

Reaction score
Starting to get a bit much....I get the need for advertising, but 3/4 of the screen is taken up with ads. Big ads, small ads, same ads doubled up......that’s how sites lose members....it’s a bit much. Let’s ease up a little. One or two ads, sure, but 5 ads in one page?

jpaeth

Reaction score
I was wondering what in the world you were talking about, and then I remembered I use an ad blocker.

LaneC

Reaction score
I'm still trying to figure out who I need to speak with about getting a small ad put on here, any clue?

Daybreak

Reaction score
Howdy,
The Ad's are messing up the screen as well.
I understand the need for money. It has come to a point to only visit the site maybe once a month. Way to many ads. :mad:

jpaeth

Reaction score
Howdy,
The Ad's are messing up the screen as well.
I understand the need for money. It has come to a point to only visit the site maybe once a month. Way to many ads. :mad:
Seriously folks.... use an ad blocker. uBlock works great for me.

Lary0071

Reaction score
Seriously folks.... use an ad blocker. uBlock works great for me.

You can not do that at work on a protected computer, and many of us sit for 8-10 hours a day at a PC and this is where we also go to forums.

This is the most horrendous forum I have ever seen though. I agree with some comments above, the admins/owners are complete dolts for making the pages look how they do. You can still run adds without them being the majority of the page. This forum looks like it is run by a 3 year old working with crayons stuck up his nose.

npurdy1112

Reaction score
It is worse on mobile than desktop. It seems like every time i go to a new page I will get a full screen ad that I have to exit.

Ruffone

Reaction score
You can not do that at work on a protected computer, and many of us sit for 8-10 hours a day at a PC and this is where we also go to forums.

This is the most horrendous forum I have ever seen though. I agree with some comments above, the admins/owners are complete dolts for making the pages look how they do. You can still run adds without them being the majority of the page. This forum looks like it is run by a 3 year old working with crayons stuck up his nose.
You can always use your cellphone with an ad blocker. I use my cell all the time to do just that, works perfectly with not an ad to be seen.

Lary0071

Reaction score
Yes, Tapatalk doesn't have the ads, but I sit at work with TractorByNet, Forest River, HD Ram and then some work related tabs open so that I can swap between them and hit refresh.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Beautiful BC

Reaction score
I browse this forum on my cell and tablet, barely see any ads at all. My devices must block them automatically.

Ruffone

Reaction score
Yes, Tapatalk doesn't have the ads, but I sit at work with TractorByNet, Forest River, HD Ram and then some work related tabs open so that I can swap between them and hit refresh.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
I stayed away from their app, I just use Safari browser with an ad blocker and it works great. Did you try using a different browser at work? I’ve got the 4 major browsers on my work PC and some work better than others in stopping ads using ad blockers. We have tons of security on our PCs and we don't have admin rights, but I still have been able to get ad blockers to work in a couple of the browsers.

hutchman

Staff member
Reaction score
I think this thread has run it's course....

Thread Locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread