Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Easy access to camera icon question

Lamiglas

Reaction score
On my 2016 Ram the back up camera icon was on the screen all the time. I used it daily as I was pulling forward to ensure I pulled far enough forward. On my new truck Its not a huge deal but I have to hit a few buttons to pull up the camera. Is there a way to get that icon on the main screen?

Dunn08

Reaction score
You can add and configure screens differently with different widgets. Make your main screen with a widget called “Shortcuts” then you can add 6 individual shortcuts to that widget. Make one of them surround camera. Then your front view is 2 taps away at all times, one tap to view surround and one more for the specific front view.

There might be better options, I’m still learning this as well.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
On my 2016 Ram the back up camera icon was on the screen all the time. I used it daily as I was pulling forward to ensure I pulled far enough forward. On my new truck Its not a huge deal but I have to hit a few buttons to pull up the camera. Is there a way to get that icon on the main screen?
What year is the new truck? On my 19 dragged the camera icon to the bottom bar now its one tap

Dunn08

Reaction score
What year is the new truck? On my 19 dragged the camera icon to the bottom bar now its one tap

Not sure if the OP has Uconnect 5, I assumed he did. I wish you could still do that. I don’t know why they did away with it.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Not sure if the OP has Uconnect 5, I assumed he did. I wish you could still do that. I don’t know why they did away with it.
Thats why i asked the year lol

Redfour5

Reaction score
Uconnect 5 - I miss the one click on my 2021, but on the applications page (one click) you can put the camera widget on that page then second click for camera.

It seems somewhere that I saw a video of some guy replacing his temp icon on the screen with the camera icon on uconnect5, but I can't find it again. He just did a drag and drop saying the temp was on his dash so he would rather have the camera on the screen vs a redundant temp. I tried, no go... He said on that video you could do it with those icons at the top... He must have lived on a different plane of reality and I stumbled across it.

Users who are viewing this thread