Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dually Mud Flaps

D

Deleted member 80

Looking at mud flaps for my dually on order. I have run the Mopar molded flaps on my last two trucks, and they have worked fine. It's not clear whether they will clear the power steps on the front though. Also, Mopar only shows the HD rubber for dually rear. I have also looked at Duraflap, which look pretty good and are no-drill, but on the spendy side. Any feedback?

Don-T

Reaction score
I just installed Duraflap mud flaps front and rear on my SRW truck. The instal was as easy as they say they it is. 30 minutes for all four of them. As to quality, they look very good. I see no reason they shouldn’t last the life of the truck. Regarding price, you need to decide that, but I am fine with it.

D

Deleted member 80

Don-T, did you get their standard length? Decent clearance beneath them?

texas.yankee

Reaction score
I have the Duraflap. Truck is at the shop getting some work done so I don't have the truck, but the flaps are top notch. Very pricey but seemingly the best looking and best quality out there. I'm looking forward to installing.

D

Deleted member 80

I have always favored the look of the molded flaps, but I gotta admit I am leaning towards Duraflaps the more I look.

D

Deleted member 80

Well, after another visit to the DuraFlap site, and perusing the gallery, I bit the bullet and ordered a set. The first goodies for the new, yet to be built, truck.

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
I've been holding out for the weather tech flaps to come out. I've been in communication with weather tech an the front flaps are out but not the duelly flaps . They gave me what the part number is going to be but then the virus happened an there stuck in the fitment stage an most workers are not in there.

nytmare

Reaction score
Husky is working on their dually splash guards as well. Much like the WeatherTech situation, Husky was supposed to have the guards out by the end of this month, but I'd bet they're going to be delayed as well. Understandable. I have Husky's front guards installed and like them. I'm gonna hold out for their duallys.

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
Yup sameway on wt. They told me they be out first of March then the virus

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
Wt is now shipping out what's in stock only

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
Just got my weather teck, for the front anyway as the backs aren't out for the 20 drw yet. Do this is only doused to take a few minutes, and I suppose it would if you were just screwing them on. They have got some clear protective film you have to stick on in just the right place so it won't rub your exterior paint. I hate finicky Crap like that. My wife can do that part tonight when it cools off. I'm a guy, i just want to screw it....................on. If I were a betting man, probably nobody uses that protective film anyway, just slap em up. Any thoughts on the protective film?

Users who are viewing this thread