Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Don Thuren or Carly or BDS suspension?

Dogdiesel

Reaction score
I'm looking to lift my new 2020 6.7. I want a really good ride quality and the ability to do some back roading. Has anyone used any of these lifts?

Squatch

Reaction score
I have used Thuren and Carli in the past, built very stout, can take pretty much anything. BDS, I have not tried, but I wouldn’t consider them to be on the same level.

elephantrider

Hydraulic Lifter Crew
Reaction score
I run carli. most folks run that or thuren. not sure on bds, but have seen people say it's good kit.

SlowDelta

Reaction score
I have a Thuren 2” on my 19. I have also had a BDS, but not a Carli. It’s hard to imagine anything being better than Thuren. Thuren was way better than my BDS suspensions. I have heard good things about Carli too.

kobra

Reaction score
I'm looking to lift my new 2020 6.7. I want a really good ride quality and the ability to do some back roading. Has anyone used any of these lifts?
2500 or 3500?
How much lift?
Will you load or tow heavy?
What tires are you going to?

I'm curious the answers also.
Thanks!

B

tcedgar8

Reaction score
I would agree BDS is not compatible. If you just want hight they'll do.

Thuren or Carli will be better quality in every way but with covid good luck on getting parts any time soon. They are pretty backed up. I ordered shocks from CJC in October or September. Still don't have them.

That said your ride quality will improve and you'll likely enjoy it better than a BDS it will cost you above average due to the R&D that goes into Carli and Thuren.

Either way good choices

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Dwilly

Reaction score
I've got the carli 2.5 level on the front with Bilstein shocks. Rides like a 1500. Just amazing.

Users who are viewing this thread