Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Does mileage count while truck is being towed?

KennyD

Reaction score
I have a new to me 2015 Dodge Ram 3500, Aisen, 4 wheel drive. I have had the truck two years. When I bought the truck, it had 75,000 miles on it. It has the capability to be "flat towed." It still has the Blue Ox towing system attached to the front end, along with the wiring harness. The Tranny has the neutral switch for towing.
This is my question, when the truck is in neutral, and is being towed, does mileage accumulate? The truck is immaculate, and the interior is perfect, and I am cannot find a good answer on my towing question. Can anyone give me insight and where you got that insight? Owners manual doesn't help.

Thanks,
Kenny

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
I have a new to me 2015 Dodge Ram 3500, Aisen, 4 wheel drive. I have had the truck two years. When I bought the truck, it had 75,000 miles on it. It has the capability to be "flat towed." It still has the Blue Ox towing system attached to the front end, along with the wiring harness. The Tranny has the neutral switch for towing.
This is my question, when the truck is in neutral, and is being towed, does mileage accumulate? The truck is immaculate, and the interior is perfect, and I am cannot find a good answer on my towing question. Can anyone give me insight and where you got that insight? Owners manual doesn't help.

Thanks,
Kenny
No it does not count millage when flat towing with the truck off

Users who are viewing this thread