Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Does it Matter: Buying Diesel Fuel

arwright

Reaction score
Growing up in Southern California my Dad always told me to buy gas at Chevron, Shell or Mobil because they had "better" gas. Is similar true for Diesel? Does it matter where you buy your Diesel or is it all the same (including truck/semi stops)?

D

Deleted member 80

Buy fuel at stations that sell a lot of fuel. Diesel fuel supports algae growth if it lays around. Otherwise, pretty much the same, unless they jack up the bio content. I have heard people say Loves does this, but don't know it to be true.

texas.yankee

Reaction score
Diesel fuel quality is actually more variable than normal gas. You certainly want to only buy gas from places that sell a lot of diesel. Disease that sits accumulates water. Luckily I live in Texas in an area where nearly every place sells a lot of diesel. For those not so lucky, truck stops are usually the best best for volume of diesel and fresh diesel.

Users who are viewing this thread