Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dirty filter with pre filtering

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
That metric system will throw things off for sure.

That said, you know exactly what I meant. Just because suppliers here might not use a 2 micron filter, doesn't mean they don't there.
So this must be the case as here in ontario its required on all fuel stations, but now here is a link showing each state and their laws for fuel station filtering lots of them put diesel at 30micron filtering where some states have no filter requirements at all

Bocephus

Reaction score
And that’s why I filter my fuel first......
Yes my truck has filters, but one bad fill up could plug your filters at 1000 miles in and then u drive another 9k with restriction unknowingly, and spin on tank filters are relatively cheap compared to truck filters. Ain’t saying I’m right. Just what I do.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
And that’s why I filter my fuel first......
Yes my truck has filters, but one bad fill up could plug your filters at 1000 miles in and then u drive another 9k with restriction unknowingly, and spin on tank filters are relatively cheap compared to truck filters. Ain’t saying I’m right. Just what I do.
i figured the states had the same regs i guess not lol

One thing i plan on doing just for ease and price point is the CAT spin on filter upgrade as filters are 1/2 the price and so much less of a pain in the ass to change as you can get them both from the bottom

Users who are viewing this thread