Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

dinks

Dinks

Reaction score
hey all,
I have 2020 2500 tradesman. I recently added some new wheels. I still have the factory tires on the new wheels. they are set at 65 psi. a buddy told me when your not towing to bring the tire pressure down to about 50 psi to save on tire ware. i was wondering if anyone else has heard of that

flan

Reaction score
I run 55 front and 45 rear when not towing a heavy load a long distance. More even edge to edge tire wear and smoother ride is a benefit to doing so.

Dinks

Reaction score
I run 55 front and 45 rear when not towing a heavy load a long distance. More even edge to edge tire wear and smoother ride is a benefit to doing so.
OK thanks much appreciated

Dinks

Reaction score
OK thanks much appreciate

flan

Reaction score
No problem, welcome to the forum. One thing I failed to mention is the TPMS May have to be recalibrated depending on your model unless you don’t mind the dash warning light being on.

Dinks

Reaction score
No problem, welcome to the forum. One thing I failed to mention is the TPMS May have to be recalibrated depending on your model unless you don’t mind the dash warning light being on.
I has les schwab recalibrate the TPMS and it didnt work

flan

Reaction score
AlfaOBD and the AEV procal snap are 2 good options for recalibration.

Crusty old shellback

Reaction score
I run 45/40 in my power wagon when running empty. But I've changed tires to BFG KO2 35s.

Best bet is to look up a tire inflation chart for your specific tire and see what pressure they recommend for your truck weight. Most will be down around 35 to 40 PSI. 65 is for when the truck is fully loaded to max weight. even then, it's a bit high.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
I run 45/40 in my power wagon when running empty. But I've changed tires to BFG KO2 35s.

Best bet is to look up a tire inflation chart for your specific tire and see what pressure they recommend for your truck weight. Most will be down around 35 to 40 PSI. 65 is for when the truck is fully loaded to max weight. even then, it's a bit high.
Depends on tire load range 65 is not enough for a loaded E range tires at max gvwr….. OP the best way to do it with your truck unloaded is to do the chalk test…. And unloaded +- 500lbs on my 19 T man 2500 i run at 60 it gives the best wear pattern

Users who are viewing this thread