Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Diesel station and prices, weather, etc

dennyh99

Reaction score
Just got the truck back. No gas prices now. Go to Apps, Settings, Navigation, Show (missed this earlier), Points of Interest. Now I only have Points on Map, Points on Route. No Gas Prices. Another way, Select Nav from bottom row, in lower left corner of map view is 3 flat bars, this brings up Main Menu Screen, select Settings, select Show, Points of Interest, back to same screen as earlier, Points on Map, Points on route. Will post if gas prices return tomorrow.

dennyh99

Reaction score
Checked this am, no gas prices. Drove 10 mi to son's house and on way back home hit search then gas pump icon, gas station list came up with diesel prices (first time ever). Went to SHOW screen and only POI on Map and Route, no gas type selections. Got home, shut off truck, came inside to see if there were any new entries and went back to truck to recheck POI selection. Started truck, went to nav, search gas stations and no gas prices. Prices seem to populate on map whenever they d*mn well feel like it.

CharlieL

Reaction score
Checked this am, no gas prices. Drove 10 mi to son's house and on way back home hit search then gas pump icon, gas station list came up with diesel prices (first time ever). Went to SHOW screen and only POI on Map and Route, no gas type selections. Got home, shut off truck, came inside to see if there were any new entries and went back to truck to recheck POI selection. Started truck, went to nav, search gas stations and no gas prices. Prices seem to populate on map whenever they d*mn well feel like it.
What you are describing is "normal" for me. I do have an Uconnect5 8.4, not 12. There has never been an option for diesel fuel in the POI choices, only the 3 gas types. Some days, the gas station search will result in it showing regular gas prices - when that happens the gas type choice usually shows up in the "show on POI" settings. After a soft reset, those choices always go away. In normal operation, it does take time for the diesel prices to populate after doing a "gas stations" search. Usually the prices aren't there until truck's been running at least 5 minutes.

dennyh99

Reaction score
CharlieL, Thanks for the input. Looks like this might be "normal" for me also. Drove around again and gas prices populated as diesel. Still no POI choices so I will be watching and checking on each drive for the regular gas prices to show up. Still seems strange but nice knowing what others are experiencing.

Savage99ss

Reaction score
Call ram. I did. It’s an issues effecting certain trucks. They are working on my over the air update to address my issues. I would advise everyone to report it

CharlieL

Reaction score
Call ram. I did. It’s an issues effecting certain trucks. They are working on my over the air update to address my issues. I would advise everyone to report it
Most interesting. Can you pass on the number? I brought this exact issue up in this thread back in early November. Started a conversation with RamCares also. After some back and forth, I provided RamCares with all info asked for on December 3rd. Never heard back after that.

Savage99ss

Reaction score
Most interesting. Can you pass on the number? I brought this exact issue up in this thread back in early November. Started a conversation with RamCares also. After some back and forth, I provided RamCares with all info asked for on December 3rd. Never heard back after that.
Push the phone button in the headliner area. I contacted ram connect. It was the quickest way. They escalated it to level2 quick. Then the software engineers got involved.

truktjs

Reaction score
My unit no longer displays diesel pricing but gas prices instead, even after several resets.
I have the same issue, I have to do a soft reboot on the radio, than it only works till I shut off the truck

dennyh99

Reaction score
I think I found a workaround, clunky but seems to work every time. When checking for fuel I usually get nothing or mid grade, I will change to my wife's profile and when it loads TomTom restarts and bang...Diesel. Changing back to my profile, TomTom will restart and Diesel is there. You should be able to have 2 identical profiles if needed, then just switch between the two.

Users who are viewing this thread