Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dicks 22' 3500

Scooter29

Reaction score
Front sits at 26-3/4in rear sits at 27-3/4". since my spring install ive gone 20k miles so they are broke in lol.
Thank you very much for the measurements and pictures. I like that it sits 1” higher in the rear for towing and knowing if I leave the shackle at the normal setting I’ll gain about .5” more. Definitely can see the bags are stuffed in those cradles. I have some timber grove airbags but would maybe go for the Carli long travel bags. I’ve got a 21ft toy hauler that’s decent on tongue weight if I don’t have anything in it.

But I think this confirms my decision on my suspension plan for sure. Not close to buying yet but want to figure it out so I can stop looking and wondering haha. If anything I’d order the shocks first because of the wait but I was looking at stage 2 as I want a smooth ride onroad but not too soft where it would feel floaty. For wheels trying to find stock 18’s cheap I can powder coat black and get rid of the stock night edition 20’s and run 285/75/18.

Dinky503

Reaction score
Front sits at 26-3/4in rear sits at 27-3/4". since my spring install ive gone 20k miles so they are broke in lol.

Yeah if your towing a 21ft toy hauler the springs would be awesome but still would recommend air bags. I don't know if I would recommend cradles if you don't do crazy off road stuff just because of the clearance. I started with the front end level and swaybar. Then finally decided on rear springs. I had fox 2.0s at first then found a deal on Facebook market for kings 2.5. It is a big pill to swallow if you install all at once. I am running 35x12.5 on 18s a lot better than 20s for comfort. I did have 17s for awhile but tire selection is pretty slim for weight rating.

Scooter29

Reaction score
Yeah if your towing a 21ft toy hauler the springs would be awesome but still would recommend air bags. I don't know if I would recommend cradles if you don't do crazy off road stuff just because of the clearance. I started with the front end level and swaybar. Then finally decided on rear springs. I had fox 2.0s at first then found a deal on Facebook market for kings 2.5. It is a big pill to swallow if you install all at once. I am running 35x12.5 on 18s a lot better than 20s for comfort. I did have 17s for awhile but tire selection is pretty slim for weight rating.
Yes definitely going to have bags, it’s a 3500 and still want to be able to load it up if needed. I like the Carli bags as they are long travel and have internal bumps so nothing to worry about. I’m not crazy off-roading mostly looking for smoother ride as we’ll use the truck for road-trips because if the room and when we unhook the truck when out riding quads or just exploring. It’s miserable on even washboard roads or potholed dirt roads ofcourse. I have the sway bar and can feel the difference in that. I’d like AEVs for the close to stock offset but crap selection on 17s so stock 18’s it is. Last question ha, did Thuren do the install? I’d rather just drive down from WA and have them install vs me in the driveway. Thanks again for all the information, I appreciate it.

Dinky503

Reaction score
Yes definitely going to have bags, it’s a 3500 and still want to be able to load it up if needed. I like the Carli bags as they are long travel and have internal bumps so nothing to worry about. I’m not crazy off-roading mostly looking for smoother ride as we’ll use the truck for road-trips because if the room and when we unhook the truck when out riding quads or just exploring.

Look into the wireless one compressor system it's awesome. Changing air pressure is just a click of a button. The rear springs eat wash boards up quite well. Yeah I know for a fact with air bags you will be able to maintain the 3500 truck capabilities. Thuren doesn't do install, I was over in Bend and stopped by as I had issues with the springs "front bolt does not need 320lbs of torque ". Since I was talking to them a lot figured I would stop by and say hi, their customers service is top notch. They all piled into my truck and went for a test drive. I had my buddy install them as I didn't have time, I did help with one side and the trouble shooting. "Mach 1 motor sports" In Hillsboro he is a Thuren dealer now because of me. If you ever want to go for a test drive in my truck let me know if your up in Washington.

Scooter29

Reaction score
Look into the wireless one compressor system it's awesome. Changing air pressure is just a click of a button. The rear springs eat wash boards up quite well. Yeah I know for a fact with air bags you will be able to maintain the 3500 truck capabilities. Thuren doesn't do install, I was over in Bend and stopped by as I had issues with the springs "front bolt does not need 320lbs of torque ". Since I was talking to them a lot figured I would stop by and say hi, their customers service is top notch. They all piled into my truck and went for a test drive. I had my buddy install them as I didn't have time, I did help with one side and the trouble shooting. "Mach 1 motor sports" In Hillsboro he is a Thuren dealer now because of me. If you ever want to go for a test drive in my truck let me know if your up in Washington.
Yes I definitely like the wireless setup for the ease. And if I’m down in Oregon I might have to take you up on that offer, thanks again.

Electronut

Reaction score
I had mine installed for over 3 years with no issues. I even received additional clips from them when asked them. No charge.
Wanted to report back. I finally installed the Putco Blade. Awesome light. So easy to install. No splicing with their proprietary harness. Don't know why everyone says to remove the tailgate for the install. I preferred it on so I can better judge the spacing position of the light between the bottom of the tailgate and the top of the bumper. Easy and plenty of room to snake the wires and led control box with it staying on and alot less work.

If I had to really nitpick there are a couple design flaws I would address with this lightbar.

1. The Hazzard Flashers flash the red brake lights on the Blade instead of the amber lights which is what flashes on the truck tail lights. Would be better if they matched when operating the hazards.

2. The amber blinkers on the blade don't synchronize to the tail light blinkers. I figure this is due to the design of the led control box that comes in the kit.

Small details but I would address and correct these items. For a light that costs over $400 I would expect it to be perfect. Just my 2 cents..

Users who are viewing this thread