Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dicks 22' 3500

Dinky503

Reaction score
I am new to this site, but not new to ram.

22' Ram 3500 big horn SRW SO.

35x12.5 toyo AT3
Fuel vector 18x9 wheels.

Full thuren suspension:
-- 1.75 front spring level.
-- Active sway bar.
-- Track bar.
-- King steering damper.
-- Rear leaf springs.
-- Rear shackles set to -1/2in
-- King 2.5 shocks.

Non thuren.
-- Wireless one airbag compressor
-- 5k air lift air bags on daystar cradles.
-- Synergy steering box brace.

Assesories:
--Amp power steps
--Amp rear bumper step.
-- Led head light bulbs.
-- Switch back turn signals.
-- Morimoto projector fogs.(waiting to send in baja sae fogs for gen 2s)
-- Custom made bajadesigns squadrons pros lower grill.
-- Baja designs s2 flush mount back up lights rear bumper.
-- Tailgate light bar.
-- Protech headache rack.
-- Headache mounted spotlights and floodlights.
-- 20% front windows 70% windshield.
-- rough country rear wheel well liners
-- weather tech mud flaps.

Coming soon:
-- Black wire mesh grill.
-- Baja designs lp6 x2. (Behind grill)
-- ARB dual air compressor for on board air.

Wish list.
-- projector headlights.
-- cargo camera.
-- digital rear view mirror.
-- power fold mirrors.

20220903_200219.jpg20220521_135417.jpg20220422_183954.jpg20220520_154450.jpg20220410_172354.jpg

20220205_160157.jpg

20230128_112220.jpg20230128_112214.jpg

Attachments

• 20230128_104713.jpg
    20230128_104713.jpg
    683.1 KB · Views: 122
  • 20230128_083442.jpg
    20230128_083442.jpg
    392.6 KB · Views: 148
Last edited:

dieselscout80

Reaction score
It is the opt7 strip/bar. It has turns, brake, and reverse lights. I wired it inline vs plug in to keep the wires hidden.
How many wires does it have? The Amazon pictures of seem to only show one turn signal wire when it should be two?

Dinky503

Reaction score

Electronut

Reaction score
It was a 4 flat and a extra wire for back up. Link below is the one I got.

Dinky - nice build. I'm checking out that rear light bar. Did you have to spring for BSMD device they sell with or is that only on the Fords?

I'm highly considering it. What made you go with that one than others out there on the market?

Dinky503

Reaction score
Dinky - nice build. I'm checking out that rear light bar. Did you have to spring for BSMD device they sell with or is that only on the Fords?

I'm highly considering it. What made you go with that one than others out there on the market?

Thanks. No I just bought the light and hard wired to the 4 flat pin on the back side of bumper. It kept the wires hidden as well. I was able to splice with waterproof connectors been on for a year now no issues.

Electronut

Reaction score
Thanks. No I just bought the light and hard wired to the 4 flat pin on the back side of bumper. It kept the wires hidden as well. I was able to splice with waterproof connectors been on for a year now no issues.
Ok. Saw this on their website and what I was talking about.

Optional Equipment: Adapter Module: Add if vehicle has a rear camera, tow-assist or a rear parking sensor. 2018+ or Blind Spot Sensor Equipped Vehicles Must Hard-Wire Directly to Tail lights

My truck has a rear camera and parking sensors. Does yours?

Dinky503

Reaction score
Ok. Saw this on their website and what I was talking about.

Optional Equipment: Adapter Module: Add if vehicle has a rear camera, tow-assist or a rear parking sensor. 2018+ or Blind Spot Sensor Equipped Vehicles Must Hard-Wire Directly to Tail lights

My truck has a rear camera and parking sensors. Does yours?

Yep I have that, but it also says you need the module or hard wire. I never saw that when I ordered mine, I typically order stuff then find out I need other thing for it to work lmao. I hard wired mine anyways and no problems at all.

Electronut

Reaction score
Yep I have that, but it also says you need the module or hard wire. I never saw that when I ordered mine, I typically order stuff then find out I need other thing for it to work lmao. I hard wired mine anyways and no problems at all.
I don't want to screw up the electronics on my new truck. Shooting them an email to see what they say but OPT7 sells on Amazon and based on that optional equipment comment it appears others commented it's needed for your truck of you have any of those electronic features.

Dinky503

Reaction score
I don't want to screw up the electronics on my new truck. Shooting them an email to see what they say but OPT7 sells on Amazon and based on that optional equipment comment it appears others commented it's needed for your truck of you have any of those electronic features.

Huh yeah couldn't tel you then. I just wired the thing up and no problems. In reality it's just a light bar running off 4 flat trailer wires. Email them for sure if your having doubts.

Electronut

Reaction score
Huh yeah couldn't tel you then. I just wired the thing up and no problems. In reality it's just a light bar running off 4 flat trailer wires. Email them for sure if your having doubts.
True but these trucks are very high tech on the electronics side. Anything showing a connection could throw something off. What about the brake controller too as example. Your tying that into the brake line and if senses voltage through the light may not be a good thing.

Dinky503

Reaction score
True but these trucks are very high tech on the electronics side. Anything showing a connection could throw something off. What about the brake controller too as example. Your tying that into the brake line and if senses voltage through the light may not be a good thing.

High tech yes there are some quarks to it. The trailer system is on a whole other system than vehicles lights. They have their own fuse for trailer. I have that light bar hooked up to the 4 flat and the reverse light is hooked to the 7pin. I also have my bajadesigns s2 in my bumper wired in with a dual relay system. Never had any issues with the trailer wiring vs other parts even on my 4th gen 1500.

G Mcpherson

Reaction score
I installed the Putco Tail gate Bar on my 18 2500. Nice Bar and liked it better than the Opti 7.

Users who are viewing this thread