Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Delivery Time Estimates

The HOFF

Don't Hassel me
Reaction score
Agreed. As we are all spending close to $75-80k just a weekly email alert to buyer would be very nice.

sasbowtie91

Reaction score
Wow!! That was super fast. Where did it have to go? Share pics on the new thread of new 2500 and 3500’s.

It went by rail to Chicago then was trucked up to Wisconsin. Took about 2 weeks from Saltillo to Chicago. I’ll post pics of it in the other thread once I pick it up.

Stumblefoot

Reaction score
Can you let me know how much they charged to install and flash the Camera Vehicle Prep Kit? How long did it take?
Have you tried to connect a camera to it or are you waiting for the OE in Aug/Sept?
I paid $395 for the part and $195 for the install. Dealer said it took roughly 3-hours.

You can find the part cheaper on allmoparparts.com @ $352.25.

I was at the mercy of the dealer as I bought the truck 1,000 miles from home and wanted the part installed before delivery.

I haven’t tried to connect a camera yet as I don’t have my trailer yet. But, based on what I’ve read from folks who use the Furion camera, I’ll probably wait until the OEM camera becomes available in August.

The HOFF

Don't Hassel me
Reaction score
Ok. So tell me how they figure it left Mexico and is sitting in Fort Worth waiting to be trucked back down to Waco Tx which is 85 miles to here and this doesn’t show me much at all. I’m getting really angry on this deal!! Can anyone explain this pic to me?

The HOFF

Don't Hassel me
Reaction score
456Message from Jeff Ram customer care066C47AC-448D-4C09-B1BC-65E33F70173B.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Gondul

Prince of Pintops
Reaction score
Based on the info @DevilDodge previously posted, I don't see any code for it being at a hub for trucking...

KZ released by plant , invoiced Shipping Status:
KZ L – released but not shipped
KZ M – first rail departure
KZ N – first rail arrival
KZ O – delayed/received
KZ-P - Arrived Ship - Thru Body Vendor KZ OA – plant hold, quality audit
KZ OB – zone, dealer, sales, vehicle prep, tax, diversion or derailment hold, dealer refusal, vehicle diverted
KZ OC – carrier delay, strike-bound, emission or safety hold, rail car shortage, bad or insufficient load, inclement weather, need shipping order, manifest error
KZ OD – mechanical failure, glass damage, vehicle in repair, lacking parts or storage hold
KZ OE – misdropped or misshipped vehicle
KZ OF – shipped air freight, stolen vehicle recovered, show vehicle, test info code, vessel sailed
KZ OG – damaged vehicle, stolen vehicle, abandon to carrier, vehicle scrapped, donate vehicle, repair and auction
KZ OH – all other “O” type carrier codes KZ T – second rail departure
KZ U – second rail arrival
KZ X – delivered to dealer
KZ Y1 – major damage – must not be sold as new
KZ Y2 – major damage – vehicle sold at auction

maxsteel

Reaction score
My final update til the truck is in my possession:

3500 Laramie MegaCab Black Appearance HO Aisin, Everything but RamBox

4/15 - Ordered
5/15 - VIN/VON (was probably earlier, but my dealer didn't give it to me until I asked)
5/16 - D1
5/20 - F
5/21 - JB for bedliner and bed step, build sheet available
5/22 - KZ
5/23 - Sticker Available
5/28 - Left Saltillo
6/17 - Final rail destination, Roper UT

Now just needs to make the 13 mile trip down I15 to the dealer...hopefully I get it this weekend.

The HOFF

Don't Hassel me
Reaction score
My final update til the truck is in my possession:

3500 Laramie MegaCab Black Appearance HO Aisin, Everything but RamBox

4/15 - Ordered
5/15 - VIN/VON (was probably earlier, but my dealer didn't give it to me until I asked)
5/16 - D1
5/20 - F
5/21 - JB for bedliner and bed step, build sheet available
5/22 - KZ
5/23 - Sticker Available
5/28 - Left Saltillo
6/17 - Final rail destination, Roper UT

Now just needs to make the 13 mile trip down I15 to the dealer...hopefully I get it this weekend.
Man I hope I get mine too!!! Glad I’m not holding breath!!

The HOFF

Don't Hassel me
Reaction score
Salesman just texted the ETA is the 22-24th! Here's to hoping that's true! Not a bad turnaround.
Salesman just texted the ETA is the 22-24th! Here's to hoping that's true! Not a bad turnaround.
I'd ask him to send you a screen shot of where he is seeing that, to verify... I'm assuming it's already in KZ status, mine has been since 05/23 and I'm still waiting for mine.. And I'm in Texas 9 hours from the plant.

IAMSPARTA

Reaction score
Anyone see this not from BAKFlip's website:
NOTE: Before purchase please verify if you have New Body Style or Classic Body Style on 2019 Ram 1500 – This part is for the Classic Body Style

Doesn't seem to show an option for our new HD truck's???

JustinHEMI

Reaction score
I'd ask him to send you a screen shot of where he is seeing that, to verify... I'm assuming it's already in KZ status, mine has been since 05/23 and I'm still waiting for mine.. And I'm in Texas 9 hours from the plant.

Yeah it was in KZ for a bit. Then he pulled up the tracking, I guess, and I was able to tell where it was. The last time we spoke it didn't have "ETA", now it does. Like I said, we hope it's true..., but I'm also prepared to wait closer to the 8 weeks that appears more normal.

The HOFF

Don't Hassel me
Reaction score
Anyone see this not from BAKFlip's website:
NOTE: Before purchase please verify if you have New Body Style or Classic Body Style on 2019 Ram 1500 – This part is for the Classic Body Style

Doesn't seem to show an option for our new HD truck's???
They have it, I believe it’s part ending in 104 call them. I have mine already waiting for my truck.

DieselDZ

Reaction score
I just reached out to my Dealer and i'm still in KZ and this is day 29 in that status. It did reach Blue Island IL on 6/5 though. I'm in Virginia so I'm thinking all the rain the mid-west has gotten is slowing things down.

arwright

Reaction score
3500 Limited Mega Cab, 4x4, SRW w/6'4" box and Ramboxes

4/19 - Ordered
4/22 - VON Issued
4/24 - VIN Received
4/24 - D
5/07 - D1
5/20 - F
5/21 - I
5/27 - KZ
5/30 @10:13AM - Train departure from Saltillo. Expected arrival at truck distribution yard in Mira Loma, CA on June 12th.
6/05 - Truck is at first rail departure per dealer. Not sure what this means. Expected delivery to dealer, "middle of the month." This update sounds the same as the one I received on 5/30, but I could be wrong.
6/13 - Per phone call with RAM truck is still KZ awaiting shipment awaiting shipment "contract" to be signed. Completely confused by this. I reached out to my dealer for an update, I'll have to wait and see what they say bc they told me on 6/5 it should be delivered to rail yard in Mira Loma, CA today.

Update
6/17 - Called RAM after my dealer moved the delivery date back AGAIN. RAM is "escalating" it because it has been KZ for 23 days. They did say it was KZM this time, not KZ, but promised an e-mail within 3 days.

I am beyond frustrated with the lack of support and customer service of RAM right now. On 6/17 I was told my case was being escalated and told to call back if I do not hear from RAM by Wednesday. Today I called and they told me it is KZ (on 6/17 I was told KZM) and I was not going to be contacted by RAM because they are talking to me now. She refused to provide any last location for the vehicle and refused to help me any further. @RamCares this is a joke. I have been "KZ" for 26+ days now and no one is willing to help. As I type this I know this is a lost cause because @RamCares will just type back a generic reply, stating how sorry they are and to please send them a private message. @RamCares, surprise me and exceed my expectations.... please. The last eight of my VIN are KG586937.

arwright

Reaction score
Received Two phone calls and an e-mail from RAM and said it’s very close. Could be as early as tomorrow but no later than Friday. It’s 90 miles away awaiting to be put on truck and hauled down from Ft Worth to waco. I expect tomorrow or Wednesday. Just missed a scan point and was lost for 3 days.

Lucky for you, you got a call back. The "escalation" seems to have been useless for me, and the RAM customer service has been even more useless.

redwinelvr

Reaction score
Lucky for you, you got a call back. The "escalation" seems to have been useless for me, and the RAM customer service has been even more useless.
Yep, i got contacted by the escalation team a week ago, and never heard from them again.

Daybreak

Reaction score
Howdy,
Nothing they can do about it anyway. They put in fudge timing to say "it could be in that status up to 30 days"

You should make contact with your salesman. They have access to Rubicon VLS, which will give time stamps of locations along the way to the dealership.

Users who are viewing this thread