Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Delivered with defective engine... Bummer...

ckreef

Reaction score
Kewl video. I was amazed at how clean the assembly line was. Not dirt or grime.

Nick

Reaction score
Swapping out an engine is pretty basic stuff for a good line mechanic . The shop foreman is not going to put a half trained mechanic into any position other than to assist the lead mechanic. My son was a trained Ford mechanic went to a JC and worked for a dealership thru a program Ford had for two years. Anyone can buy a truck . But not everyone can be a good professional mechanic .

carl2591

Reaction score
the video is cool.. I love watching the process of "making" a vehicle.. there is one from the cummins plant that show the making of the engine.
you might send the VIN number to carfax with a report alerting them to the engine change.. it might not be picked up otherwise. to me that sorta
diminishes the "new" value of that truck.. bummer dude for sure.. good luck.. :)

Brewbud

Brewmeister Meisterbrew
Reaction score
I noticed the OP never came back. Post total of 1 as of today. I guess we will never know what the original VIN was. Oh heck, we could have had a pinned post "Bought an olive green 2021? Check your VIN here!"

LateToTheParty

Didn't want to come
Reaction score
I noticed the OP never came back. Post total of 1 as of today. I guess we will never know what the original VIN was. Oh heck, we could have had a pinned post "Bought an olive green 2021? Check your VIN here!"
They did check in about a month ago based on last visit, but I think you're right, we'll never know.

MEGA HO

Reaction score
Cab does not need to come off to swap Cummins, does it? AFAIK only Fords need a cab off for engine swap.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Cab does not need to come off to swap Cummins, does it? AFAIK only Fords need a cab off for engine swap
Makes it easier to swap it with the cab off otherwise you have to pull the head first..... for the time it takes its better to pull the cab in my opinion

Users who are viewing this thread