Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Default Backup Camera

bshown

Reaction score
I have a 19 Tradesman with the 8.4 and surround view cameras. When I put the truck in reverse, the default view is the surround view looking down, and the backup camera on the same screen together. Is there a way to change this so it is just the backup camera as a default view in reverse? I have a hard time seeing the smaller backup camera view and would like it to take the entire screen instead of having to manually select the backup camera.
Thanks for any help.

jerryw1000

Reaction score
Sometimes I wonder if the people who make these design decisions actually drive these vehicles. It should AT LEAST be an option to choose the default screen when going into reverse. I too would probably choose the full screen backup cam as the default and pause 2 seconds to pick the Surround View if I needed it.

Gondul

Prince of Pintops
Reaction score
I find the default sensible and infinitly more useful... I very much prefer t have the surround to just simply the back up camera... I'm getting into/out of spots *way* more often than I am backing up to hook up anything

jerryw1000

Reaction score
I find the default sensible and infinitly more useful... I very much prefer t have the surround to just simply the back up camera.

I agree that some would prefer surround and some might prefer full backup cam. All I'm saying is that for $68,000 they could have put another bit in the programming bucket to make the default optional.

KnuckleHead

Reaction score
I dont suppose anyone ever found a way to change the default view?

Users who are viewing this thread