Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Def injector disconnect

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
As long as it serves a purpose. I don’t normally join threads anymore. Always a waste of time nothing worse than bad advice doesn’t matter the topic.

All advise is a waste of time if your unwilling to take it, or even entertain it. That's a self induced problem, not a forum problem.

4trucksakes

Reaction score
Your stunned. The system was frozen! DPF DEF injector who cars which part I don’t give a f@ck which part Cletus. Unthaw problem gone. Only problem left is you. Doesn’t appear anything can fix that tho

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Your stunned. The system was frozen! DPF DEF injector who cars which part I don’t give a f@ck which part Cletus. Unthaw problem gone. Only problem left is you. Doesn’t appear anything can fix that tho
You have no idea what you are talking about…. P.S. UNthaw means freeze ;)

4trucksakes

Reaction score
You have no idea what you are talking about…. P.S. UNthaw means freeze ;)
But just curious when your truck was frozen. What exactly did they do for you when you went to dealership? How much did it cost? My trucks not under warranty as it has 125k km all ready

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
But just curious when your truck was frozen. What exactly did they do for you when you went to dealership? How much did it cost? My trucks not under warranty as it has 125k km all ready
First 5 times they thawed it (i had it parked inside at work just thawing it would not clear it)and reset everything free also it was in limp mode the 6th time they dropped the tank and cleaned the pump and charged me 500$ but every single time it was the DEF that froze because the DPF cant freeze

Last edited:

elephantrider

Hydraulic Lifter Crew
Reaction score
I feel the op is on a forum where details and process matter, and his p.o.v. is that he doesn't care what broke, or how it was repaired. it was corrected and that's it.

when my dpf froze, the egr was removed and a propane torch was used on the cooler block to dethaw.

4trucksakes

Reaction score
First 5 times they thawed it (i had it parked inside at work just thawing it would not clear it)and reset everything free also it was in limp mode the 6th time they dropped the tank and cleaned the pump and charged me 500$ but every single time it was the DEF that froze because the DPF cant freeze
Ok that makes sense. I wonder if it’s because of poor DEF fluid itself? I stoked up this summer whe. Many said there was going to be a shortage. I just started working on my stash this fall. All blue def from walkmart. Sounds like my situation is like yours. On way home went into Regen 2 times. It was only 300km trip so that was odd. Didn’t happen until I reach below zero temps.

4trucksakes

Reaction score
I feel the op is on a forum where details and process matter, and his p.o.v. is that he doesn't care what broke, or how it was repaired. it was corrected and that's it.

when my dpf froze, the egr was removed and a propane torch was used on the cooler block to dethaw.
I believe you are correct sir. I’m new here didn’t know everyone is so politically correct. Must be actual mechanics which I am not. I could barely fix a sandwich. My outside temps was only -20 but next week will be coldest it’s ever been here -30! Hope it doesn’t get worse.

elephantrider

Hydraulic Lifter Crew
Reaction score
I believe you are correct sir. I’m new here didn’t know everyone is so politically correct. Must be actual mechanics which I am not. I could barely fix a sandwich. My outside temps was only -20 but next week will be coldest it’s ever been here -30! Hope it doesn’t get worse.

most forums have folks that are stickler for details, and more than happy to share info to get folks up to speed. it seems odd when the horse doesn't drink the water, though. in this case you weren't thirsty!

4trucksakes

Reaction score
most forums have folks that are stickler for details, and more than happy to share info to get folks up to speed. it seems odd when the horse doesn't drink the water, though. in this case you weren't thirsty!
I didn’t even get the truck to the dealership. What water was I supposed to drink I’m all ears

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Ok that makes sense. I wonder if it’s because of poor DEF fluid itself? I stoked up this summer whe. Many said there was going to be a shortage. I just started working on my stash this fall. All blue def from walkmart. Sounds like my situation is like yours. On way home went into Regen 2 times. It was only 300km trip so that was odd. Didn’t happen until I reach below zero temps.
No its not the quality of the DEF its the cold that causes issues as DEF freezes at -12°C and the system does not work as well as it should for me it was the -30 to-45 that was the issues

4trucksakes

Reaction score
What a terrible system. Good thing I paid $120k for my truck. I didn’t have this issue last winter not sure why this winter is different. I even drove threw -40 blizzard in North Dakota.

4trucksakes

Reaction score
I’m not the kinda guy that could get away with it. I cross usa border too often. They ask or accuse me of delete all the time. If it was personal truck I would.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
I’m not the kinda guy that could get away with it. I cross usa border too often. They ask or accuse me of delete all the time. If it was personal truck I would.
I have never been asked when i cross the border but this truck is personal use so they tend to ask less questions lol

Users who are viewing this thread