Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dealership fuel filter replacement quote

russ2588

Reaction score
How many hours did they bill your for?

That’s enough to buy 4 sets of filters.
How many hours did they bill your for?

That’s enough to buy 4 sets of filters.
I assume 1 hour ! The receipt from the dealership is $110.22 for labor and $289.73 for parts. the parts breakdown is $178.39 for fuel filter and $111.34 for water separator. I’m in southern Illinois for reference.

tchur1

Reaction score
I assume 1 hour ! The receipt from the dealership is $110.22 for labor and $289.73 for parts. the parts breakdown is $178.39 for fuel filter and $111.34 for water separator. I’m in southern Illinois for reference.
Wow they gouged you on the parts. Both fuel filters should be about $100 total.

$130 if you want the oil filter too.

russ2588

Reaction score

Blythkd1

Reaction score
Sounds like they charged list price for the filters. Seems like that's about what my local dealer quoted but he said he'd make me a deal for $225. I said thanks and ordered from Geno's.

I wanna know where y'all are buying your filters for $100. I just priced them at Geno's yesterday and they were $150 plus shipping. What am I missing?

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
Sounds like they charged list price for the filters. Seems like that's about what my local dealer quoted but he said he'd make me a deal for $225. I said thanks and ordered from Geno's.

I wanna know where y'all are buying your filters for $100. I just priced them at Geno's yesterday and they were $150 plus shipping. What am I missing?

$116.95 plus shipping, but they have gone up a few bucks since I purchased my last set.

darrellr

Reaction score
I found the three filters needed (2 fuel, 1 oil) much cheaper on Amazon for the Mopar branded ones individually. Ordered the Rotella T6 5w40 3 gallon kit as well. About $150 for all of it.

EDIT: I looked at a description closer and even though the description showed both fuel filters, it actually only included 1 filter. Cancelled my order. Buyer beware, just as noted. Not specific to Amazon, but filed a complaint about the seller specifically.

Last edited:

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
I found the three filters needed (2 fuel, 1 oil) much cheaper on Amazon for the Mopar branded ones individually. Ordered the Rotella T6 5w40 3 gallon kit as well. About $150 for all of it.

Be careful with Amazon, lots of reports of counterfeit filters… photos and all to show differences, all in Mopar boxes.

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
Yup. Geno's may be a bit more money but at least you know you are getting the real deal.

There are certainly some reputable dealers on Amazon, but I don’t mess around with fuel filters.

NJMyth

Reaction score
Just got oil change, both fuel filters and tire rotation for $550 at the dealer. At that price and I only once a year I will let them do it.

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
Just got oil change, both fuel filters and tire rotation for $550 at the dealer. At that price and I only once a year I will let them do it.

That’s still not close to worth it, IMO. It would have to be down around $250-275 to be a worthwhile deal, and then I’d insist on 5w-40 and bring my own oil filter.

Blythkd1

Reaction score
That’s still not close to worth it, IMO. It would have to be down around $250-275 to be a worthwhile deal, and then I’d insist on 5w-40 and bring my own oil filter.
Yep, take me a couple hours and save over $300, that's still pretty good pay in my book.

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
Yep, take me a couple hours and save over $300, that's still pretty good pay in my book.

Exactly.

Even with Amsoil 5w-40 and a Donaldson DBL7349 the savings is $300, and it takes me less time that just driving to/from the dealership.

pugnacious33

Reaction score
2021 2500 6.7…Just had both fuel filters changed at Lakeside, Picayune MS, $250 parts and labor. This is the first dealership I’ve ever dealt with that I felt was fair and run by decent folks. Some are down right criminal, and based on some of the quotes you guys got on this, wow, crazy.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score

EDIT: I looked at a description closer and even though the description showed both fuel filters, it actually only included 1 filter. Cancelled my order. Buyer beware, just as noted. Not specific to Amazon, but filed a complaint about the seller specifically.

We've discussed before, but on the rare occasion I'll buy from Amazon or ebay, ONLY from B&M Mopar dealers I can verify as real.

Reaction score
Now the fuel filter change I perform myself. I will not pay $600 for fuel filters change at the dealer. The oil change is $139 at dealer, so it easier to just pay that.
I had my first oil change for 2023 Limited HO 6.7 at 7k miles. They recommend that I do the fuel filter on next oil change for $500 plus tax which is crazy high. I will perhaps look at some youtube video to see if I can handle or find the fair price local shop.

CdnHO

Reaction score
I had my first oil change for 2023 Limited HO 6.7 at 7k miles. They recommend that I do the fuel filter on next oil change for $500 plus tax which is crazy high. I will perhaps look at some youtube video to see if I can handle or find the fair price local shop.
Do it yourself. Not hard. Lots of YouTube videos on the process. Get the filters from Geno's Garage. They only sell genuine Fleetguard and Mopar filters.

Users who are viewing this thread