Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Custom Tunes for Cummins/68rfe

RamGuy84

Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can get any that are good?

TR550

Reaction score
I tried optimal. trans tune was terrible. actually, the overall tune was not good. tried cut, and ultimately went with hardway.
Hi- How are you liking the tune?
Do you mind sharing a few details like HP/Tq increase and mpg?

Reaction score
im running the ez-lynk tunes in my truck and love it! has the trans tune as well
i was looking at the Ez-lynk tuner and on their website it only lists that it supports up to 2018 trucks, did you have to get custom tunes for your 20 or were they available right off the tunes page ?

MtnRider

Reaction score
i was looking at the Ez-lynk tuner and on their website it only lists that it supports up to 2018 trucks, did you have to get custom tunes for your 20 or were they available right off the tunes page ?

EZ Lynk is just the platform and device to do the tuning, they do not come with tunes from the factory. You need a tuner that writes tunes for that device. With that said, good luck at this point, the EPA has/is shutting them all down in the US.

Reaction score
EZ Lynk is just the platform and device to do the tuning, they do not come with tunes from the factory. You need a tuner that writes tunes for that device. With that said, good luck at this point, the EPA has/is shutting them all down in the US.

from what im reading on the EZ Lynk website is that they are Emission compliant tunes and they give you tunes when you buy the tuner, only thing i dont see it that they only offer up to 2018 support but i see people with it on 19+ so the question again is did wpgram have to contact EZ lynk for his truck?

MtnRider

Reaction score
from what im reading on the EZ Lynk website is that they are Emission compliant tunes and they give you tunes when you buy the tuner, only thing i dont see it that they only offer up to 2018 support but i see people with it on 19+ so the question again is did wpgram have to contact EZ lynk for his truck?

Like I said... There are NO tunes on a Ezlynk and they do NOT provide tunes, they just make the hardware. You need to contact a authorized ezlynk tuner to actually get tunes to use on their hardware.

So don't look on the ezlynk site for info, find a ezlynk authorized tuner and ask your questions. They do tune all the way up to 2020. You may have to look across the border if you are wanting to lose parts. Good luck.

Last edited:

MtnRider

Reaction score
hows it do with the warranty?

You tune the truck and your warranty is gone. There may be somethings they cover but any big ticket items they will look to see if the ecm has been tuned and deny you.
There have been a few people sneak by but I see more and more they are clamping down and looking for any excuse to deny a claim.

wpgram

Reaction score
You buy the box and wiring from them, the tunes are downloaded on your phone and that connects to the box. Yes they are supported on the 2020 trucks.

Battlecat204

Reaction score
Hey @wpgram
Do you know anyone local that uses the Raceme ultra programmer?
I've got a 19 mega cab 2500 and have been having some issues. Id like to get others viewpoints

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Hey @wpgram
Do you know anyone local that uses the Raceme ultra programmer?
I've got a 19 mega cab 2500 and have been having some issues. Id like to get others viewpoints
I dont think anyone is running the raceme for the 19+ they are only the MM3, EFI live, and ezlynk

Users who are viewing this thread