Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cruise Control While Towing

Mike76

Reaction score
I use cruise control while towing all the time. Better MPG, consistent speed and more relaxing drive. We tow in the western US frequently where traffic is less so it’s a no brainer.

jbncccb

Reaction score
Do you use the gear limiter while in cruise control? Lock out 6th gear for example.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Mike76

Reaction score
I put it in D and when I get to speed I set the cruise control. My travel trailer is about 6K lbs, once at speed gear shifting is rare.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Do you use the gear limiter while in cruise control? Lock out 6th gear for example.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
No just set tow/haul it does what it needs to do i put my evic on the multi gauge page and keep an eye on temps they are always where the need to be unless im plowing they start to get warm

jackel1959

Reaction score
I have always used "cruise" when towing. It makes for a much more relaxing drive. Obviously, when in traffic it is off. I will be interested to experiment with the ACC on the new truck when I get it.

QCHunter

Reaction score
I like using CC when towing and out of traffic. I usually kick it off when approaching large grades or sharper curves. Other than that I just let it do it’s thing in tow/haul mode. I usually drop it a few MPH when approaching steep down grades but still leave it in CC if traffic allows.

lovegolf44

Reaction score
I find the adaptive cruise works fairly well while towing when traffic isn't too heavy.

Users who are viewing this thread