Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

cruise control issue

beachbunny

Reaction score
my cruise control starting working irradically , then stopped totally. have i hit some magic button with this uconnect deal, is it a "coding " thing or just a plain fuse?
tia

johanh13

Reaction score
my cruise control starting working irradically , then stopped totally. have i hit some magic button with this uconnect deal, is it a "coding " thing or just a plain fuse?
tia
Since this is a throttle-by-wire system, I would suspect one of the following; the cruise buttons on your steering wheel, the gearshift position sensor, the vehicle speed sensor, the brake switch, et cetera. Of course, a malfunction on many of those sensors will have additional symptoms....

beachbunny

Reaction score
given the random nature off this issue led me to the switch. i turned my air compressor loose on the control switches,jiggled them around a bit and for now it works again,
guess i'd rather be lucky than good

davis2

Reaction score
Go easy with the cleaning products around those switches. When they detailed my truck before delivery, they got the shine crap in there and ruined my switch!

Lary0071

Reaction score
Mine is going in this evening for the steering wheel cruise control power switch. I have gotten so angry that I about tried to shove the switch out the back side of the wheel spoke. It is a dead switch 90% of the time, I can not turn on the cruise. If it does turn on, the cruise operated perfectly.... but you can almost count on it not working.

Lary0071

Reaction score
Picked the truck up this morning, they pulled the airbag and found that the connector to that right side switch was not pushed fully seated and latched. They pushed it and clicked it in, reinstalled the airbag and now it's working as expected.

My water leak has a TSB to replace the sunroof assembly. They have a new sunroof ordered now.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

elephantrider

Hydraulic Lifter Crew
Reaction score
there are quite a few "loose fasteners" and "unseated fuses" examples in the 19's and on.

davis2

Reaction score
there are quite a few "loose fasteners" and "unseated fuses" examples in the 19's and on.
Sounds like they sped up the line... They have the best truck on the market, keep the quality up! When you work faster, the quality usually suffers.

davis2

Reaction score
Picked the truck up this morning, they pulled the airbag and found that the connector to that right side switch was not pushed fully seated and latched. They pushed it and clicked it in, reinstalled the airbag and now it's working as expected.

My water leak has a TSB to replace the sunroof assembly. They have a new sunroof ordered now.

Glad that's all it was. My friend who is a mechanic said that those switches are susceptible to cleaners and such getting in them. Is the TSB on 1500's as well? Wy wife took delivery on a built to serve 1500 last week and it has a sunroof.

Distillusion

Reaction score
Glad that's all it was. My friend who is a mechanic said that those switches are susceptible to cleaners and such getting in them. Is the TSB on 1500's as well? Wy wife took delivery on a built to serve 1500 last week and it has a sunroof.
Don't know about current year, but the 1500s have had TSBs on them in recent years for sunroof leaks. Had to do with the drain tubes that take away the water around them. Tubes get clogged, water backs up, comes in eventually around the seals. If I recall correctly.

davis2

Reaction score
Don't know about current year, but the 1500s have had TSBs on them in recent years for sunroof leaks. Had to do with the drain tubes that take away the water around them. Tubes get clogged, water backs up, comes in eventually around the seals. If I recall correctly.
I'll keep an eye on that!

Lary0071

Reaction score
Mine bring a 2500HD, it had the old style and much smaller sunroof. I believe that your 1500 has the huge glass roof with the large sliding glass panel. So the TSB for mine is not likely to have any meaning to you folks with the full panoramic glass roof in the half ton fifth gen.

davis2

Reaction score
Mine bring a 2500HD, it had the old style and much smaller sunroof. I believe that your 1500 has the huge glass roof with the large sliding glass panel. So the TSB for mine is not likely to have any meaning to you folks with the full panoramic glass roof in the half ton fifth gen.

Oh ok. That may well be a different animal. My 2500 doesn't have a sunroof, but the wife's 1500 does. Hers has the full dual pane panoramic sunroof. She plans on stargazing with our daughter, they love meteor showers...

Users who are viewing this thread