Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crap Firestone Transforce tires

CharlieL

Reaction score
View attachment 54151

Try em in the snow. LOL
I will trust your input rather than putting them to the test in the snow! Plus, I'd have some difficulty in performing that test. Normally, when it snows at my house, by the afternoon (or the latest the next afternoon) the roads are clear. Plus, if there is substantial snow, I have no desire to go out and drive with the idiots who don't know how to drive in snow, and usually have no reason to leave my house either. Another problem I'm going to have is that the tread will probably wear to the point of needing replacement before I have a chance to drive in the snow with my current tires - given Albuquerque weather and my preference! Maybe I'll get the chance before they are in need of replacement, but certainly won't go out of my way to do so.

Thanks for the input!

ppine

Reaction score
Some people seem to really hate the Transforce tires. They have no mileage warranty, but so far they seem fine to me.
There are reports of some people getting 50k miles and even 70k miles out of a set.
I am just going to run them until they wear out.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Some people seem to really hate the Transforce tires. They have no mileage warranty, but so far they seem fine to me.
There are reports of some people getting 50k miles and even 70k miles out of a set.
I am just going to run them until they wear out.
You must only drive on dry pavement? And there is 0 reports of anyone hitting 50k miles on a hd ram i have ever seen…

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
People like to make assumptions on the internet. We are having record snow this year in Nevada. Lots of mud around. The tires are fine.
Thats not an assumption. Thats exactly how 99% of people review them and my experience was the exact same They are garbage on wet pavement and even worse on mud and snow

unclelala

Reaction score
People like to make assumptions on the internet. We are having record snow this year in Nevada. Lots of mud around. The tires are fine.
I put up with the Firebombs for 10,000 miles and had some tense moments in rain and snow but this past winter going in the snow belt of Ontario was a white knuckle situation sometimes and I drive like a granny.
I had my Toyo AT3 installed, it was night and day improvement and put the fun back in the drive.
We took the 5th wheel to Michigan this summer with the Firebombs and they were fine but that was mostly highway, dry gravel roads etc. but rain and snow no way for me IMO.

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score

What assumptions, besides yours?

If you think these tires are fine in the mud and snow I’d hate to see what a bad tire is.

They live up to their name, trashforce. Sure with some skill you can often drive around their crap traction, but there are so many better options out there that actually do what they are supposed to.

brv10

has the scoop
Reaction score
Took mine off with 59 miles on it and bought some Nokian winter tires, bought Continentals in the spring.

Gondul

Prince of Pintops
Reaction score
36K ish miles on the Transforce ATs here in Flori-duh with two trip up to WI.
Works fine in our rain storms and worked fine in the light snow I encountered in WI.

That doesn't mean I'll but them again, but I'll run them at least a bit longer..

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
I admittedly don't know a whole lot about tires. But I am I the only person on this forum that doesn't like my Transforce tires due to current events and what the name conjures up in the mind?

The thread is about 'crap" tires, not political crap.

Please keep it out of the forums and take it to OT if you want to go that route.

Reaction score
Got new tires for my wifes SUV today and while I was at their shop, asked the guy running the desk to do me up a quote for the BFG KO2's and it came to $2300CAD. (285/60R20)

I knew it would be expensive but damn.

Great White North Eh

Squish Cat - And So
Reaction score
Ya it’s criminal what they want for tires up here! I blame the gov…………. Whoops got to be careful so I don’t get my pee pee slapped. :oops: :rolleyes:

jm888

Reaction score
View attachment 54151

Try em in the snow. LOL
I have been reading the posts in this thread too, and am curious when people talk about them in the snow. Are you referring to deep snow on dirt roads, or just like compact snow on the freeway or even streets? And is the problem getting stuck, or just slipping? I have only been in the snow a few times briefly like going up skiing so just dealing with snow on the highway for about 10 miles or less at a time, and then getting around town a few times when I stayed in a town where it snowed, so I don't have much experience with this truck in snow, but just wondering where the problem lies. I have definitely been in the rain though, a few times a pretty hard rain on the freeway. I wouldn't buy these again or anything, as I would want something quieter and smoother because I am 99% of the time on the pavement, but since I am only averaging about 5,000 miles a year so far, that might be a while.

Users who are viewing this thread