Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CP4 to CP-ISB21S3 (revised CP3) change for 2021 6.7L Diesel Trucks -- Merged Threads

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
Keep in mind SO/68RFE and HO/Aisin EB will act quite differently.

My HO hits hard in TH down to 900RPM (11-12MPH)

Only based on transmission gearing and shifting differences. The EB programming is the same.

The gearing advantage goes to:

1st: no EB
2nd: Aisin
3rd: 68RFE
4th: same
5th: 68RFE
6th: same

I can’t see Aisin shift schedules, so no way to compare the two.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Only based on transmission gearing and shifting differences. The EB programming is the same.

The gearing advantage goes to:

1st: no EB
2nd: Aisin
3rd: 68RFE
4th: same
5th: 68RFE
6th: same

I can’t see Aisin shift schedules, so no way to compare the two.

Seems everyone agrees that the Aisin pulls harder. It definitely goes lower (900 RPM) vs the 1100(?) I see stated on the 68RFE.

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
Seems everyone agrees that the Aisin pulls harder. It definitely goes lower (900 RPM) vs the 1100(?) I see stated on the 68RFE.

All I know is they are programmed for the same retarding power in the ECM. The lower rpms is likely due to trans programming for tq converter unlock.

RamCares

RamCares Team
Reaction score
Well today I made the 30mi voyage home from purchasing dealer with the assistance of my new HPFP. Took a lil longer due to all the other recalls I ignored. No lights, no regens, no leaks or issues. Well the pass side battery cover was off but otherwise all good. Original estimate was 35 weeks when I called on 8/29/22. I wanted to trade it in soo many times cuz of this. I'm glad I held onto it and am really glad that I can finally slap some thuren springs under it!! Yay me!!

Btw. I thank @RamCares because they were our voice in the beginning of all this. I feel like this is a freaking great day for me! If that gets back to some corporate big wig at least they can feel good about doing the right thing.
We are glad that everything worked out fine for you. Should you need any assistance, please reach out to us directly.

William
Ram Cares

exiledinaz

Reaction score
Has anyone had any issues with their ebrake AFTER the new pump was installed? Specifically the ebrake not slowing you down in Cruise control? Mine is still jacked up. Runs great, but its a PITA to have to throttle down hill because the ebrake does not activate in cruise control. CC disengaged, fine but otherwise free wheels in cruise control down hill. Yes, tow/haul is on, auto and full ebrake makes no difference.

Nfryan

Reaction score
My power/fuel mileage is the same but one big difference is my exhaust brake does not work nearly as well as it did. I used to be able to use my exhaust brake going down hill with cruise on and it would put out LOTS of braking HP. It would usually keep me within 5-6mph of the set MPH on cruise. Now, it free wheels and yesterday cruise set at 60MPH the truck ran up to 77 mph..I had to turn cruise off to get it to slow me down. Tried both full and auto brake. No difference.
Same here ! Exhaust brake is almost non existent anymore. A little better in tow haul mode but nothing like it used to be.

MEGA HO

Reaction score
^^ Not my experience, nothing else has changed on mine since the fuel pump recall.

Alessandro

Reaction score
Mine is same, exhaust brake is at a minimum after swap
On tow mode seems to be normal.

exiledinaz

Reaction score
Same here ! Exhaust brake is almost non existent anymore. A little better in tow haul mode but nothing like it used to be.
Go to the dealer and tell them. I'm sure we are not the only ones. I'm going to give them another try at fixing it... I'm positive it has something to do with the reflash they did with the new pump. They changed out the CC switch on the steering wheel but nothing changed.

exiledinaz

Reaction score
Mine is same, exhaust brake is at a minimum after swap
On tow mode seems to be normal.
Both full ebrake mode or auto mode with T/H on nothing in Cruise control. Once i disengage cruise, the ebrake starts working.

smokeygt

Reaction score
Not to change subject, but after the pump recall , my engine is now leaking oil, center left below oil filter. Cant see where it's coming from. Could this be related to the pump change?

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Not to change subject, but after the pump recall , my engine is now leaking oil, center left below oil filter. Cant see where it's coming from. Could this be related to the pump change?
No as nothing on the pass side of engine should have been touched

RamCares

RamCares Team
Reaction score
Has anyone had any issues with their ebrake AFTER the new pump was installed? Specifically the ebrake not slowing you down in Cruise control? Mine is still jacked up. Runs great, but its a PITA to have to throttle down hill because the ebrake does not activate in cruise control. CC disengaged, fine but otherwise free wheels in cruise control down hill. Yes, tow/haul is on, auto and full ebrake makes no difference.
Thank you for sharing this feedback, as this is very important to us. We recommend getting this checked out by your dealership. Should you need any additional assistance, please send us a PM.

William
Ram Cares

Users who are viewing this thread