Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CP4 to CP-ISB21S3 (revised CP3) change for 2021 6.7L Diesel Trucks -- Merged Threads

LoveMyRamAustin

Reaction score
Before everyone gets all excited please take a look at the file name of that photo: “2021 fuel pump photo from HDRam 12 19 20”

I’m not calling anyone a liar but I treat everything I read online with a healthy dose of skepticism….
Crawlex - THANK YOU for catching the file name, that was my bad - I grabbed the wrong photo from my folder - here is the photo I took today of the fuel pump installed in my truck AND the invoice from the dealer.

I apologize if I caused any confusion. I should have stopped and looked at the two photos myself before sending.

Attachments

• Fuel Pump installed by dealer 7 19 21.jpg
    Fuel Pump installed by dealer 7 19 21.jpg
    361.4 KB · Views: 159
  • Invoice for Fuel Pump warranty replacement 7 20 21.jpg
    Invoice for Fuel Pump warranty replacement 7 20 21.jpg
    227.4 KB · Views: 161

crawlex

Reaction score
Crawlex - THANK YOU for catching the file name, that was my bad - I grabbed the wrong photo from my folder - here is the photo I took today of the fuel pump installed in my truck AND the invoice from the dealer.

I apologize if I caused any confusion. I should have stopped and looked at the two photos myself before sending.

That is a cp4.

Brewbud

Brewmeister Meisterbrew
Reaction score
I was so excited for a few minutes! Back to wishing still I guess.

UglyViking

Reaction score
I don't mean to speak ill of any dealer techs out there but I've gotta say I'd have a hard time keeping the vehicle after this. You really gotta trust that they replaced everything they should have, and that they seriously cleaned out everything, otherwise that leftover debris is going to help kickstart the next failure. I think if this happens to me I'm gonna be trading.

gimmie11s

Reaction score
Attached photo shows the pump installed by dealer yesterday per my above message. I gather from the responses to above that this is the CP4.

NOTE - the attached photo is now the correct one I meant to include per my later message

So the first pic you attached was NOT of your truck??

Come on man!

camojimmy

Reaction score
Hello Everyone! Our team has recently received an update regarding the C4 fuel pump concerns. We have a solution in progress and the fix can be expected by the end of third quarter. Again, we appreciate your patience at this time. As always, feel free to privately message our team with questions. We are here to help!

Hannah
Ram Cares

I don't know about everybody else , but unless this is a full recall with new pump replacement at the end of september. I'll be going over to a GMC.

KBob

Reaction score
I don't know about everybody else , but unless this is a full recall with new pump replacement at the end of september. I'll be going over to a GMC.
Being part of "everybody else" I can categorically say, I'm married to this truck, for better or worse, for several reasons. So long as they do something, just about anything, to help the situation I will run with it, and accept the consequences.

KBob

Reaction score
Just read a FB post of another dealer assuring the owner of a CP-4 truck, failed at 27K, that his new pump would be the same as what comes in a 2021, said that's what comes in the "Kit". People were telling him it won't be, and he didn't want to believe it. Wouldn't it be funny if he was the First!

BAT3500

Reaction score
Being part of "everybody else" I can categorically say, I'm married to this truck, for better or worse, for several reasons. So long as they do something, just about anything, to help the situation I will run with it, and accept the consequences.
To a large extent i am also tied to my 20 for the time being. Besides, there are mighty few options on dealer lots currently be it ram or otherwise. Just hoping all works out for the next few years.

MtnRider

Reaction score
Just read a FB post of another dealer assuring the owner of a CP-4 truck, failed at 27K, that his new pump would be the same as what comes in a 2021, said that's what comes in the "Kit". People were telling him it won't be, and he didn't want to believe it. Wouldn't it be funny if he was the First!

The dealers are clueless, they have proved that time and time again. I'll vote it's a CP4.

UglyViking

Reaction score
I believe I saw that same post, and the guy got another CP4.

mra400ex

Reaction score
Well, I got tired of waiting on them to do something so I did something. I sold my 2019 with 16k miles back to the dealer for what I paid for it. Don’t want to buy a Ford with a cp4. Waiting to see if the 2021+ rams have any pump issues.
I just got another Ram 3500, a 2021. Looked at Ford diesel. They put a lift pump at fuel tank on them in 2020. Anyway, as a mechanic they look like a pain in the butt to do anything after warranty. I worked on the Cummins for years and 6 in a row is the way to go.

jetrinka

Reaction score
I just got another Ram 3500, a 2021. Looked at Ford diesel. They put a lift pump at fuel tank on them in 2020. Anyway, as a mechanic they look like a pain in the butt to do anything after warranty. I worked on the Cummins for years and 6 in a row is the way to go.

Don’t have to pull the cab to work on a Cummins

Epsilon Plus

Reaction score
Today marks the countdown! Only 2 more months (end of third quarter is Sep. 30th) before we're told something is in the works for total lunar eclipse 2022! After that the next announcement will be something is in the works for Leap Year 2024! By then all the trucks should be out of warranty so we may finally hear about their conclusive plan for the "C4 fuel pump".

:rolleyes:

DammitDave

Reaction score
Okay I have a dumb question. My 2020 window sticker clearly states 5 year 100,000 mile drivetrain warranty. So what is the fuss for running out of time before your pump grenades?

MtnRider

Reaction score
Okay I have a dumb question. My 2020 window sticker clearly states 5 year 100,000 mile drivetrain warranty. So what is the fuss for running out of time before your pump grenades?

100K comes quick for some people, and I am sure others want to know whether they should dump their truck before they get too many miles on it and while the used market is still up. And then others just don't want to be stranded on the side of the road with a trailer in the middle of no where.

Users who are viewing this thread