Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Console or Bucket Seats

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
Yes that is correct it doesnt change that bench seating is entry level option.

bucket seats just look way better , and the center console on these new rams are a big selling feature.

before deciding on a PW all the trucks I looked at are too premium to offer bench seating. Im surprised the PW even offers this.
The 75A package was the best thing to happen to the PW.
Well it’s very subjective. I do not think it is a selling feature to have the big console because I prefer the bench and floor shifter on a HD truck.

Big console feels like a 1500/f150 truck or a Tahoe to me. I like a utilitarian truck

Chips

Reaction score
Well it’s very subjective. I do not think it is a selling feature to have the big console because I prefer the bench and floor shifter on a HD truck.

Big console feels like a 1500/f150 truck or a Tahoe to me. I like a utilitarian truck
Weird.

I didnt know people liked bench seating.
Dont get me wrong I had a truck with bench seating before , the truck itself was great.

I hated the bench seating though, the seat is useless , I dont want some puke sitting up front hogging up my valuable elbow resting space .

And losing all that storage.

to each their own.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
bucket seats just look way better , and the center console on these new rams are a big selling feature.
the seats are the same they are all buckets you can put a center console in any truck with out changing the driver/passenger seats....

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
Weird.

I didnt know people liked bench seating.
Dont get me wrong I had a truck with bench seating before , the truck itself was great.

I hated the bench seating though, the seat is useless , I dont want some puke sitting up front hogging up my valuable elbow resting space .

And losing all that storage.

to each their own.
It has a fold down storage. Giant arm rest storage thing. You gain tons of leg room and floor storage. I never have people in that seat. eww. Haha

Last edited:

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Yeah I get that, its not the same though.
the center console has way more storage than the fold down .
More storage just means more crap left in the truck lol i have to much storage as it is

Iowa Wagon

Reaction score
Yes, the 75th package includes that front and rear heated and cooled along with heated steering wheel. I believe the level 2 package has some heated seats. Just not sure how many and if they are also cooled.

My leather non console front seats are heated and cooled. Along with rear heated seats and steering wheel.

I prefer the non console front. Less cramped, more leg room, a real mechanical shifter, more versatility, still real bucket seats (I don’t understand why people think they’re a bench)…

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
My leather non console front seats are heated and cooled. Along with rear heated seats and steering wheel.

I prefer the non console front. Less cramped, more leg room, a real mechanical shifter, more versatility, still real bucket seats (I don’t understand why people think they’re a bench)…
Very comfortable seats in my opinion. I’m coming from a king ranch btw

Crusty old shellback

Reaction score
Wife likes sitting next to me some times when in the trucks. :)
Car has a center console.
But my new truck will have the center console.
Guess we will have to take her truck if she wants to sit next to me. But I get to drive. :cool:

Chrisminx

Reaction score
Always bucket there is no question. Thats why it comes on the more expensive trucks. Bench is entry level. The PW shouldnt even have bench as an option.
There is no "full bench seat" like they had in the good old days. And as far as entry level.....Laramie trucks can be ordered with 6 person seating, which is the 40/20/40 seat. They have the heated/cooled options. Far from entry level. As others have stated, the only difference is the center section. Driver and passenger seats are all the same.

AnthonyD1978

Reaction score
I've had both in my 5th gens.

With the bench seat I like to mount my tablet down in the floor area to look at maps, etc. You can mount it in your console too, but it would be difficult to see the screen.

Cosmetically I think the console looks better, but with the smaller cab of the HDs (compared to the 5th gen 1500) it would probably feel cramped to me.

gimmie11s

Reaction score
Always bucket there is no question. Thats why it comes on the more expensive trucks. Bench is entry level. The PW shouldnt even have bench as an option.

Not sure why my damn truck cost $81k then. Stupid entry level bench seat!!!

OP... I also have 4 kids. The bench seat is AWESOME and with the electronic 4x4 shifter you will LOVE the room it offers up front. My 2016 2500 Ram also had the bench option (I love me some bench seats) but it had the manual shifter on the floor and you give up some room being spec'd that way.

I say go for the bench and haul around your whole family in comfort. You'll love it.

Shadowboxin20

Reaction score
My first truck when I was out of college was a bench and the 3 since have been bucket. I was ordering my new PW Laramie and when I found out they had the bench it was a no brained for me.
Under seat center storage is perfect for quick gun access, I like the extra room, my son likes to sit in the front and I am excited to have my wife next to me on road trips again like when we were kids.

AnthonyD1978

Reaction score

OP... I also have 4 kids. The bench seat is AWESOME and with the electronic 4x4 shifter you will LOVE the room it offers up front. My 2016 2500 Ram also had the bench option (I love me some bench seats) but it had the manual shifter on the floor and you give up some room being spec'd that way.

I say go for the bench and haul around your whole family in comfort. You'll love it.

The kids do love to sit up front in the middle and mess with the 12" screen too.

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score

This! Screw the big console!

whitexc

Reaction score
Just a working class peasant here with the bench seat covered in fabric. Premium they say and it is heated with buttons on the side that make it move all around. It works for my needs and is exactly what I ordered.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread