Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Console or Bucket Seats

Duracell24

Reaction score
Morning all. Newbie to this forum.

I’m really close to pulling the trigger on a 21 PW in the next day or two. I am trying to get some opinions on getting the 75A with the center console or a different one with the traditional bench seat.
The two I’m looking at are identically equipped otherwise. Same price. Bench seat has the Electronic Shifter so no manual case on the floor.

I have 4 kids and I like the idea of having the ability to throw the whole family in there for short trips occasionally. It will NOT be our primary family transport. That being said, I really like the look and functionality of the Center console.

What are everyone’s thoughts? What else am I not thinking about? I know I lose some cup holders and storage with the Bench option. TIA!!

Iowa Wagon

Reaction score
I test drove 2500s with the center console… It definitely is nice for storage and may look “nicer” to some, but I like the ability to haul 6 people when I need to.

You also have an actual mechanical shifter (if that matters to you).

akguy09

Reaction score
I hate the center console, glad my new PW came without it. Had it in my Longhorn and it just felt crowded in the seat to me.

Brewbud

Brewmeister Meisterbrew
Reaction score
I had a bench seat in my last truck. I was very hesitant to buy a truck with the console. Now that I have it I don't know why I was hesitant. I love the console! 4 people is plenty for me to haul around.

Seabass4592

Reaction score
I love the console and all the storage room! Wanted it and glad I have it! Small family though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crusty old shellback

Reaction score
You say they are the same price and identically equipped? If so, then either the 75th is way under priced, or the bench seat is way over priced. 75th package is $12K.

But to your point, you need to haul 6 people, bucket seats and a console will not work for you.

Me, I like having the center console and a bucket seat built for one, not a split bench with a fold down center section, it takes away some of my room.

Duracell24

Reaction score
You say they are the same price and identically equipped? If so, then either the 75th is way under priced, or the bench seat is way over priced. 75th package is $12K.

But to your point, you need to haul 6 people, bucket seats and a console will not work for you.

Me, I like having the center console and a bucket seat built for one, not a split bench with a fold down center section, it takes away some of my room.
Thanks for the input. They are both about the same MSRP...right around $71k. If you deck out a non-75A it comes to right around the same price.
Although i definitely don’t need to haul everyone since we have a family vehicle for that, I can imagine about one scenario a month where I’d rather have the truck than our minivan with our whole family (getting the Christmas tree, picking up something big at Home Depot, etc).

I currently have a 1500 with the console, so I take those trips by myself or with 1 or 2 kids. Would be nice to have the option of taking the whole family, but I’m trying to figure out if those 10-12 trips a year are worth losing the console over.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score

Its the same seats with or without the console both buckets the center seat is individual so its the same amount of room ....

MEGA HO

Reaction score
I'd really love no have a car seat in the front with my little dude sitting between my wife and myself on those long family trips, he likes watching how we are driving and likes looking ahead. The back seats of my mega can be used as a storage or a bed or whatever... But ohter than that I love the bucket seats.
If I were getting a PW, I'd get a bench. PW has to have a manual T-case!

Crusty old shellback

Reaction score
Actually there are 3 seat options.

Conventual Cloth full bench seat.

Leather 40/20/40 bench seat with fold down back for a mini console.

75th bucket seats with full console.

And there are items on the 75th that you cannot get in any of the other packages.
Grill, full center console, Brown leather bucket seats, special LED headlights, just to name a few.

And it's a 75th so special badging.

to the OP. You said family if 5. Then I'd go with the 75th. They will all fit and you will have something special that is only available this year.

I have a 1500 Silverado and a F250. Both have the 40/20/40 split bench. The Chevy is a little more comfortable than the Ford.
I drove my buddies 1500 limited night edition Ram with the full console. Its more comfortable than the 2 trucks I have.
I have a 75th PW on order and should be picking it up in 2 weeks.

Chips

Reaction score
Always bucket there is no question. Thats why it comes on the more expensive trucks. Bench is entry level. The PW shouldnt even have bench as an option.

Pronto

Reaction score
Another consideration in this is heated and cooled seats or not. I'm pretty sure the 75A comes with them but not sure about the regular PW.

Crusty old shellback

Reaction score
Yes, the 75th package includes that front and rear heated and cooled along with heated steering wheel. I believe the level 2 package has some heated seats. Just not sure how many and if they are also cooled.

Pronto. nice avatar of a long horn. I grew up in Fort Worth. Family down the street from my Sister has a few long horns, but I think they are more pets than anything.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Actually there are 3 seat options.

Conventual Cloth full bench seat.

Leather 40/20/40 bench seat with fold down back for a mini console.

75th bucket seats with full console.
There is no bench seat the regular cloth or leather are the same seats with or with out the console the console and jumpseat both just bolt in the center

Chips

Reaction score
Cloth buckets or cloth bench are the same seats just different stuff in between em
Yes that is correct it doesnt change that bench seating is entry level option.

bucket seats just look way better , and the center console on these new rams are a big selling feature.

before deciding on a PW all the trucks I looked at are too premium to offer bench seating. Im surprised the PW even offers this.
The 75A package was the best thing to happen to the PW.

Users who are viewing this thread