Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CONCERNING VIDEO

Lettikka

Reaction score
I watched a lot of PD Diesel's videos as my truck was being built and shipped and for the most part they all got me psyched up for getting into my beast. This one was truly disturbing. I doubt any one of us has the type of mileage on a 2022 like this guy does but can anyone confirm or debunk what he has to say about the 2022 potential problems?

flan

Reaction score
I watched a lot of PD Diesel's videos as my truck was being built and shipped and for the most part they all got me psyched up for getting into my beast. This one was truly disturbing. I doubt any one of us has the type of mileage on a 2022 like this guy does but can anyone confirm or debunk what he has to say about the 2022 potential problems?

There’s a thread on this forum about his videos already, title is something to the effect of high mileage 22 failures or similar.. check it out, lots of commentary.

Pressure_welder

Reaction score
Yea ive watched his videos for quite a while, he certainly works his trucks for their intended purpose and maybe a little past. So i would say its likely one of the most real world honest opinions on these trucks, i think he has 8 - 22's in in fleet and all but one were down for i believe full engine replacements. I suppose to its all upto how his drivers treat the trucks as well? but if i remember correctly he has some sort of high end tracking on the trucks that monitor systems etc.

I gotta say the last few videos have made me a bit nervous, but at the same time i dont put nearly the miles on that he does and i think alot of us would be in that same boat, i am about 25,000km a year. On-top of that i trade my trucks off one year before warranty is up. Nowadays it would be one heck of a game of russian roulette to drive these things without a warranty.

I think all 3 trucks are fairly neck and neck nowadays so it really boils down to customer service, and how your treated after the sale as all 3 perform quite well i feel. Ram still has best interior i think though. So far my 22 has been relatively good, other than the emissions issues. The buying experience however was the worst to date that ive had at a dealership, and Ram Care basically told me to pound sand when i asked for assistance during my emissions issues crap. SO FAR i am still staying loyal to ram but it hasnt exactly been a thuroughly enjoyable experience on this 22, especially with only 10,000km.

Reaction score
I highly doubt in my subjective opinion that most or all MY22 are prone to failure. Most (not all) of those trucks in his videos have high idle times compared to mileage. Also not every driver he employs will take care of the truck.

If I did have concern, then I would ask why are the prone affected trucks are 3500 HO engines.?

jebruns

Reaction score
Should be noted all the failures are HO motors from early '22 trucks.

Cseybert

Reaction score
Should be noted all the failures are HO motors from early '22 trucks.
I believe looking at the spreadsheet most of them are middle 2022 to late 2022. Correct me if I’m wrong.

jebruns

Reaction score
I believe looking at the spreadsheet most of them are middle 2022 to late 2022. Correct me if I’m wrong.
What spreadsheet? Are you talking about the Aisin tranny issue or the issue in the video?

jetrinka

Reaction score
Does he actually say in the video what the specific failure is? He talks about emissions issues first and then a knocking sound but I missed where he said what the dealer actually said goes wrong?

He seems to like the sound of his own voice.... 20 minute long video and no real information as far as I can see...

flan

Reaction score
Seems like a lifter tapping to me, but it’s hard to hear over my iPad. If it’s just lifters and the dealer is putting in a long block that’s criminal. I’m with jetrinka, I’d like to know what failed to justify full replacement...

jetrinka

Reaction score
Yeah he just keeps talking about how they all have the problem and that he's the poster child for employees who really take good care of their trucks blah blah blah - almost like he's justifying it to himself. If he's really had so many trucks with the problem wouldn't you think he'd have the dealer tell him exactly whats failed on all of them? And be able to share that information?

I've also never heard of an emissions component causing critical mechanical engine failure....

Something stinks....

Users who are viewing this thread