Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cd player 2021

MEGA HO

Reaction score
19 and older was a cubby under center bench seat i was told 19 was the last year for the underseat cubby
Is your a front bench seat?
Mine isn't and mine CD is in the lower center console as per the picture below.
Haven't used it yet and doubt that I will.
The 19 higher trims had a CDP in the lower part of the dash under the radio. That's the one I was referring to.

I found what I believe to be the CDP part number in a post, but haven't seen anything definitive for the hookup/wiring. This is the one that would fit into the dash cubby.

68335565AB but I would check this part against a 2019 VIN with the option.

Cubby panel

View attachment 14959

Frank

Reaction score
Over 500 CD's in my collection, just easier to put a cd in than to down load on to a Ipod.
My wife is in a similar boat. The last 3 vehicles I have had to move countless CD wallets when we traded. Yet....never actually plays them.

For a few bucks a month you can subscribe to a premium service and "rent" access to nearly every CD ever made without flipping through physical copies and hoping to not scratch them. Personally all my CD's have gone in the trash, and working on thinning my wife's horde.

AFF

Reaction score
My 2019 has a cd and I use it quite often. Living in the far north of Canada there is no radio and Sirius doesn't even work most of the time. Even no cell service for about 300kms either. I have about 15 cd's in the truck I swap out now and again from my 300 or so. I like to listen to all the songs on the cd not just pick a song or two. In my 2009 it was much the same except I had a lockpick installed so I played concert dvd's on the deck as well.

unclelala

Reaction score
My wife is in a similar boat. The last 3 vehicles I have had to move countless CD wallets when we traded. Yet....never actually plays them.

For a few bucks a month you can subscribe to a premium service and "rent" access to nearly every CD ever made without flipping through physical copies and hoping to not scratch them. Personally all my CD's have gone in the trash, and working on thinning my wife's horde.
The problem with streaming music compare to CD's is streamings quality leaves a lot to be desired especially if you bring those CD's in the house to play on a more audiophile system

Users who are viewing this thread