Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CAUGHT: 2023 Ram 2500 Rebel Crew Cab 4×4:

Thebuilderman

Reaction score
People rarely do.

To even come close to competing with the tremor it should have front limited slip?
I saw the article but really doesn’t tell us anything good. Mirrors, maybe a digital cluster and possibly a new hood.
if they do the true gen 5 cab and the 8speed ZF Powerline then I’m all over it. I would love to have the 1 ton HO WITH a electronic or magnetic locking front differential.

Last edited:

WildBill138

Reaction score
Its a gimmick to get ex range rover/ raptor drivers into a 2500. A couple tacky stickers, black wheels and badges, AT tires, dumb extras on the overpriced leather interior, = +8k on the price tag. It will sell. Just like everyome going apesh*t over a 1000$ opt to have your headlights painted black. (See Night Edition).
All ram needed to do is add optional lockers to a tradesman and you can build a perfect truck that will offroad AND tow. ( i had to settle for the limited slip. $8k extra for power wagon package on tradesman= lockers, winch and 7k lb decrease in towing. No thank you.)

Last edited:

el_barto

Reaction score
Interesting…curious to see what they carry over from the power wagon for this to make it a tremor-competitor/not-power-wagon

I suspect:
Hemi or Cummins available
4.10s for the Hemi, 3.73s for the Cummins
Rear e-locker
Bilstein 4600 shocks
2” lift
Spring rates to maintain GVWR and towing capacity, but longer (same as how power Wagon springs and shocks are longer than a regular 2500)
AT tires but Probably still 33s
Power Wagon Skid plates(xfer case, fuel tank, extra cross member, bars)
Optional rock sliders (currently available on PW offroad package)
Optional winch with Hemi only. No winch option for diesel.

I will guess the articulink radius arms, soft springs, and sway bar disconnect will be left off because articulation is taking a backseat to payload on this model (to better compete with Tremor), and to prevent eating all of the power wagon sales. I also think the front locker may be left off for the same reason, but also because the Cummins fully locked might break things…Possibly why the Tremor has lsd Front rather than locker.

Last edited:

Nick

Reaction score
Well thats exciting !! New mirrors . Wow ! I guess those design guys had to have something to do .
My Son used to rub shoulders with Ford design engineers . They told him very few design guys like working in the truck design arena because nothing much happens from year to year. This 2023 Ram Echoes that sentiment.

DougB

Reaction score
I really hope the new telescopic mirrors will be able to be easily swapped onto the older trucks.
I’m in for upgrading, too, but not an entire truck swap. I don’t mind the 4.5 gen mirrors but coming from a 3rd gen, those were much better, even with their passenger mirrors shortcomings. Hopefully, the new mirrors add some more camera views and are usable while driving not just slow speed.

DougB

Reaction score
@brv10 sure hope the engineers have thrown everything into the new mirrors. Heated everything. Adjustable everything. Auto fold/unfold. Just take best of all 3 brands, fix the shortcomings of each, and make the perfect mirrors.

My special request is allow the driver side to also have ability to fold forward to get it out of the way when going thru drive through and ATMs. Thanks. :)

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
@brv10 sure hope the engineers have thrown everything into the new mirrors. Heated everything. Adjustable everything. Auto fold/unfold. Just take best of all 3 brands, fix the shortcomings of each, and make the perfect mirrors.

My special request is allow the driver side to also have ability to fold forward to get it out of the way when going thru drive through and ATMs. Thanks. :)

Little birdie told me yes.

Telescoping and auto fold.

Lakanen77

Reaction score
If they actually made this to compete with the tremor and spec it out as it should be, it may be worth it. The power wagon just can’t compete with limited payload and towing. My personal opinion would be a work truck with off road capability so I don’t have to lift something and can have factory 35’s along with a rear locker. Who knows what gas power plant would be a good step up but I’d love to see a turbocharged 5.7 or 6.4.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
If they actually made this to compete with the tremor and spec it out as it should be, it may be worth it. The power wagon just can’t compete with limited payload and towing. My personal opinion would be a work truck with off road capability so I don’t have to lift something and can have factory 35’s along with a rear locker. Who knows what gas power plant would be a good step up but I’d love to see a turbocharged 5.7 or 6.4.

How about a twin turbo I6?

jadmt

Reaction score
I doubt you will see a turbo charged 6.4 considering the hemi 6.4 having its life support plug pulled.

Myfast70

Reaction score
The Rebel name isn't just exclusive to the 1500 anymore, even Ram South America is using it on the new Ram 1000...

2022-Ram-1000-Rebel-4x4-2-scaled.jpeg

I really wish they sold those in US!! I always think it's funny how manufacturers sell certain things outside the US and feel like some of them would make awesome vehicles here too

Users who are viewing this thread