Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CAUGHT: 2023 Ram 2500 Rebel Crew Cab 4×4:

brv10

has the scoop
Reaction score
TFL has something on this at https://tfltruck.com/2022/04/is-the-new-ram-hd-rebel-4x4-off-road-truck-coming-soon/

Their pics have a winch I'm noticing... The new mirrors look the same. Looks like the body will still be gen 4. I'm wondering if the next "totally new" iteration will have the HO Hurricane in the gasser version. I know they are saying no, but... I've heard that before also. It's interesting to note how they are "structuring" their "refreshes." I think we can be pretty sure a new tranny on the Diesel. The 2019 changes were primarily everywhere you cannot see...but does make a difference particularly with the 6.4 transmission enhancing its functionality substantively. This could be another "incremental but market attractive change for certain individuals particularly if they put a diesel in it. Ups the game quite a bit over the present "off road" package but not at the level of a power wagon AND keeping the Payload up in the real 2500 range vs a Power Wagon.

And then, maybe in 2025 we get a big reveal with the new body, new engine, built on the other 2019 changes underneath tweaked with experience... I still don't like the Rebel front end though and would prefer one of the other fronts like the night version maybe.
You do know this whole electric push is shifting R&D to other areas?

DougB

Reaction score
You do know this whole electric push is shifting R&D to other areas?
I’m beginning to think the HDs won’t go full 5th gen body. This article alludes that the current HD will go to 2028 and with the change then being addition of electrification.

jenninr

Reaction score
The future is so bright I gotta wear shades
For some reason this comment has been stuck in my head. After seeing the new mirrors in the latest photos I'm thinking it's a reference to the new forward facing spot lights in the mirrors. From the pics it looks like there might be 4 forward facing leds on the front of the mirror.

redriderbob

Co-Editor & Ram Guru!
Staff member
Reaction score

Unofficially “Confirmed” – 2023 Ram 2500 Rebel Package!​

Build Sheet Gives Us Insight Into New Package...​

1655737006323.png

In January, we were the first to break the news that the 2023 Ram 2500 would be getting a Rebel version. Thanks to an anonymous source, we know more about what that package will entail.

redriderbob

Co-Editor & Ram Guru!
Staff member
Reaction score
I’m beginning to think the HDs won’t go full 5th gen body. This article alludes that the current HD will go to 2028 and with the change then being addition of electrification.

Its not changing...

DougB

Reaction score

View attachment 39870

In January, we were the first to break the news that the 2023 Ram 2500 would be getting a Rebel version. Thanks to an anonymous source, we know more about what that package will entail.

Cummins equipped Power Wagon? RIP payload with Ram sticking with 10k GVWR. Unless they’ve stiffened the coils to compensate.

Last edited:

djevox

Reaction score
Poor truck, it looks so sad. It should be called the emo edition.

CJTEX

Just came here to flex
Reaction score
They dropped the ball, was looking forward to the inline 6 high output mated to the 8 speed for some fun and lighter offroad capability. Ram if you're listening can you build a better looking exhaust for the V8 power Wagons?

Bighoof

Reaction score

View attachment 39870

So where is this elusive truck now that the 2023 ordering guide is out? I can't seem to find it in there anywhere? Definitely should be a hot seller if true as many want a Powerwagon but with more payload and towing.

Greenhills

Reaction score
Takes 5 minutes with a sawzall to fix, and it sounds WORLDS better.
They dropped the ball, was looking forward to the inline 6 high output mated to the 8 speed for some fun and lighter offroad capability. Ram if you're listening can you build a better looking exhaust for the V8 power Wagons?

Bighoof

Reaction score

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score

Users who are viewing this thread