Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CAUGHT: 2023 Ram 2500 Rebel Crew Cab 4×4:

redriderbob

Co-Editor & Ram Guru!
Staff member
Reaction score
CAUGHT: 2023 Ram 2500 Rebel Crew Cab 4×4:
Fourth-Generation Heavy Duty Continues, With New Off-Road Package & Mirrors...

2023-Ram-HD-3-scaled.jpg

It’s been four model years since its last major mid-cycle-action (MCA), but the Ram 2500/3500 Heavy Duty pickups continue to be quite competitive against the new competition from Ford and General Motors (GM). Over the past decade, the truck market has played a constant battle between the three automakers over bragging rights about towing, payload, and technology. And it doesn’t look like it is going to slow down any time soon.

flan

Reaction score
Some new tow mirrors?

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Look the same to me.

Did you review the link to the home page article with all the additional photos?

2023-Ram-HD-12-scaled.jpg

MtnRider

Reaction score
Wonder if it’ll be basically a power wagon without a winch.

That's what it need to be (with a winch) if it's going to compete with the Tremor. Given they are calling it a Rebel I doubt it. It will just have AT tires and some rebel badging to make it more off road capable ...... (rolling eyes) I do hope they prove me wrong though.

jadmt

Reaction score
probably just going to have a hood scoop. It has 18" wheels maybe better brakes? I kind of wish the pw had 18" wheels just for a little extra clearance for bigger calipers..maybe a new gasser to compete with the tremor's 7.3. in reality I would give up the winch for a better power plant and I know the diesel guys would be happy with a diesel vs having a factory winch as there are aftermarket options for winches.

redriderbob

Co-Editor & Ram Guru!
Staff member
Reaction score
The Rebel name isn't just exclusive to the 1500 anymore, even Ram South America is using it on the new Ram 1000...

2022-Ram-1000-Rebel-4x4-2-scaled.jpeg

IPASooner

Reaction score
2500 Rebel with gas or diesel engine + regular towing and payload + 2" lift + front and rear lockers + additional skid plates + off road tires would be a pretty strong competitor to the Tremor without going the "all-in" off road setup like the PW IMO

Great White North Eh

Squish Cat - And So
Reaction score
I like that SUP. Would make a good rig for the wife to commute to work. Looks as good or better than the utes that are available now and all the systems would be familiar to the rest of the Ram line up.

Bighoof

Reaction score
Too bad it doesn't have 35" tires. The Ram trucks look great but 33" tires just look too small and lost in the wheel wells. Would gladly pay extra for that option and not have to deal with switching tires and correcting the speedo.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Since nobody has actually said it, "Lipstick on a Pig." :D:D:D

Not trying to be negative, the mirrors are long overdue. Kinda meh about a big 12" all digital EVIC - just thinking about the potential price increases. However, RAM REALLY needs to get off the stick and get the 5th gen cab on the HD's and if the rumored 8-speed ZF is coming, that too. That might push me into a 2023.5.

P.S. If there's a 12" EVIC, where's the HUD?

Users who are viewing this thread